Passport uk fail

Old Dec 14th 2016, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Ink3d has a reputation beyond reputeInk3d has a reputation beyond reputeInk3d has a reputation beyond reputeInk3d has a reputation beyond reputeInk3d has a reputation beyond reputeInk3d has a reputation beyond reputeInk3d has a reputation beyond reputeInk3d has a reputation beyond reputeInk3d has a reputation beyond reputeInk3d has a reputation beyond reputeInk3d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Passport uk fail

I am struggling to get a british passport i am 33 years of age and decided to apply for my first passport so ….
I filled in and sent away pictures and birth cert ect then had to provide my mothers birth cert which i had to apply for and pay for as we no longer speak.
So sent that away recorded delivery, got a letter back asking for my grans birth cert and marrage cert that i cannot get 😔 so phoned the passport office and got told it was fine and had to send a letter stating why i couldnt provide infomation needed.
So i done this sent recorded delivery.
Eventually got a letter back saying i couldnt get one 😐

Reason being i was born in feb 1983 in england but my mother was born in hong kong in a british military camp i have a national insurance number also a uk birth cert and uk driver licence and still have no way clear to get a uk passport .

The passport office told me to apply for a chinese passport what i dont want to do as i dont want to lose even more money if it fails

Any help would be great
Old Dec 14th 2016, 10:46 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport uk fail

Because you were born after 1 January 1983 being born in the UK is not enough for you to become a British citizen. You will only be a British citizen by birth if either your mother or your father (if your parents were married) were either a British citizen themselves or 'settled' (holding Indefinite Leave to Remain or Right of Abode) in the UK.
Old Dec 14th 2016, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

Ink3d has a reputation beyond reputeInk3d has a reputation beyond reputeInk3d has a reputation beyond reputeInk3d has a reputation beyond reputeInk3d has a reputation beyond reputeInk3d has a reputation beyond reputeInk3d has a reputation beyond reputeInk3d has a reputation beyond reputeInk3d has a reputation beyond reputeInk3d has a reputation beyond reputeInk3d has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know my father and have no record of him in my birth certificate my mother was never married to him but did marry somone else that my brother and sister are related to so if im not a british citizen what does that mean for me am i working here illegally as im self employed and pay tax to the uk also what would the next step be to getting a uk passport

Many thanks
Old Dec 14th 2016, 11:42 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If your father does not appear on your birth certificate and you have no contact with him then we can disregard him and concentrate on your mother.

I understand that you have been living in the UK since birth, is that correct? Have you ever left the UK? If so, using which passport? What citizenship or immigration status does your mother hold? Has she been living in the UK since your birth as well? Where were your mother's parents born?
Old Dec 14th 2016, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

On my bith certificate my mother is born in hong kong and same on hers i have sent both mine and my mothers bith certificates to the passport office and still got nowhere � ���� i have no contact with any of my family and only way i got my mothers birth certificate was applied and paid to get it but wasnt enough my mother was born in a military camp my gran i think was born in germany and her husband mothers dad was singapore all in the military but the passport office want me to provide there marrige certifate and birth certificates which i cannot get
Old Dec 14th 2016, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

And yes sorry i was born in england uk
Old Dec 15th 2016, 12:05 am

This will prove tricky if you no longer speak to your mother but not impossible.

On your mother's birth certificate, it should mention your grandfather's name. Does it give any other details? For instance, place of birth or military rank/unit/service number?
Old Dec 15th 2016, 12:10 am
Just Joined

On my mothers bc place of birth is british military hospital bowen rd hong kong rank of father is tpr 23493309 17th/21st lancers also says father and residence in uk and has his name then in brakets england
Old Dec 15th 2016, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by Ink3d
On my mothers bc place of birth is british military hospital bowen rd hong kong rank of father is tpr 23493309 17th/21st lancers also says father and residence in uk and has his name then in brakets england
Okay, so we now know that your grandfather was serving in the 17th/21st Lancers as a Trooper (private) at the time of your mother's birth. The 17th/21st Lancers was a British cavalry regiment and was based in Hong Kong between March 1960 and December 1962 during which time your mother was presumably born. From his service number it's likely he joined the army in 1956.

Would you mind PMing your grandfather's full name? I'll be able to see whether I can find a birth record for him. If he was born in England or Wales it should be fairly simple to order his birth and marriage certificate.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 12:40 am
Just Joined

Sent pm � ���� thankyou
Old Dec 15th 2016, 1:04 am

Sent pm � ���� thankyou
Reply sent.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

What would this forum do without you, BritInParis?!
Old Dec 16th 2016, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

Defo the only one willing to help me so fingers crossed � ����
Old Dec 17th 2016, 12:05 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Defo the only one willing to help me so fingers crossed � ����
Two things

You'll find that it's not that no one else was willing to help you, it's that no one else could. Your situation is complex, it's very unlikely that anyone here's been in the same situation and it's the type of complex issue that you'd usually need to seek paid professional help to unravel.

The second thing is, if you're lucky enough to have Brit in Paris helping you, you don't need anyone else. And everyone here knows that.

So just smile and be thankful, you're getting the best for free
Old Dec 17th 2016, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Two things

You'll find that it's not that no one else was willing to help you, it's that no one else could. Your situation is complex, it's very unlikely that anyone here's been in the same situation and it's the type of complex issue that you'd usually need to seek paid professional help to unravel.

The second thing is, if you're lucky enough to have Brit in Paris helping you, you don't need anyone else. And everyone here knows that.

So just smile and be thankful, you're getting the best for free

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.