Passport supporting documents confusion...ARGH!

Old Mar 4th 2016, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Faery is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport supporting documents confusion...ARGH!

So I've completed the UK passport application for my USA born child and am now confused by the wording regarding one of the supporting documents they are asking for:

If applicant born or adopted outside the UK - parents or adoptive parents' documents
The passport you entered the country from which you are applying or any non-British passport held.

Who do they mean? Do they want MY passport I entered the US on? Which would be my old cancelled one or do they mean my child? She was born in the US so that would not apply and I have already included a copy of her entire US passport and her Consular Birth Certificate.

Sorry for all my dumb questions, I have a hard time comprehending the wording, it does my head in Would be very grateful if anyone can clarify.
Old Mar 4th 2016, 9:31 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport supporting documents confusion...ARGH!

Originally Posted by Faery
So I've completed the UK passport application for my USA born child and am now confused by the wording regarding one of the supporting documents they are asking for:

If applicant born or adopted outside the UK - parents or adoptive parents' documents
The passport you entered the country from which you are applying or any non-British passport held.

Who do they mean? Do they want MY passport I entered the US on? Which would be my old cancelled one or do they mean my child? She was born in the US so that would not apply and I have already included a copy of her entire US passport and her Consular Birth Certificate.

Sorry for all my dumb questions, I have a hard time comprehending the wording, it does my head in Would be very grateful if anyone can clarify.
It would be your child's passport(s) which you are already supplying a copy of. The guidance used to allow you to send in just the consular birth certificate together with your child's passport. I would tempted to try that and see what happens.
Old May 15th 2016, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Faery is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport supporting documents confusion...ARGH!

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It would be your child's passport(s) which you are already supplying a copy of. The guidance used to allow you to send in just the consular birth certificate together with your child's passport. I would tempted to try that and see what happens.
Update. I did that but got a letter requesting most of the same documents I provided for the consular birth certificate. I sent all of that off and a couple of days after they received it they sent another letter rejecting my divorce paper because it did not show a link from my maiden name to my married name and they requested that I send my first marriage certificate...which of course I did not have! So I had to order that from the UK and send it to them all via fedex so that I had proof it all got there which cost me $$$ I went all the way through US immigration and was never once asked for that document but I understand that the passport office have to be extremely thorough and vigilant due to all the terrorism and fraud. I'm kicking myself for not having just sent everything I had in the first place. Soooooo......around 2 weeks after that all the documents were returned to me and 5 days later the passport arrived! All in all, it was pretty fast