Passport Question

Old Jul 22nd 2016, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Freshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond repute
Default Passport Question

(Tried searching but I'm at work so figured I'd see if anyone can help) I'm sure this question has been asked time and time again, but I'm filling out my passport application online and want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row. My mother was born in Glasgow and I was born in Toronto in 1987, my mom has always retained British Citizenship. On the question "UK National At Birth" I'm assuming I click "Yes" when claiming citizenship by descent ?. I also have the following documents on hand to send in;

- Front to back photocopy of Canadian Passport
- Mother's birth certificate - original
- My long form birth certificate - original
- Copy of my change of name form - original
- Photos (of course)
- Copy of my drivers license (proof of address)

Anything else I'm not thinking of ? I want to make this as smooth as possible as its a bit (but not overly) time sensitive.

Thanks in advance !
Old Jul 23rd 2016, 9:15 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Question

The full list of supporting documents is here. That being said it looks like you are good to go and you are correct in ticking "Yes" for the British national at birth question.

Just make sure that your mother's birth certificate is her 'long' one, stating your grandparents' details and in the unlikely event that your mother's maiden name is not shown on your birth certificate then you should also include your parents' marriage certificate. I presume you have got someone to endorse your photos?
Old Jul 23rd 2016, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Freshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The full list of supporting documents is here. That being said it looks like you are good to go and you are correct in ticking "Yes" for the British national at birth question.

Just make sure that your mother's birth certificate is her 'long' one, stating your grandparents' details and in the unlikely event that your mother's maiden name is not shown on your birth certificate then you should also include your parents' marriage certificate. I presume you have got someone to endorse your photos?
Thanks, yeah I have her long form with my grandparents info on it, no marriage certificate for my mom as she wasn't married (I also have my grandparents marriage certificate and my grandmothers birth certificate). Photo endorsement won't be an issue

Last edited by Freshwhyte; Jul 23rd 2016 at 5:13 pm.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for everyone's assistance (or rather thank you BritInParis - as you were the only one to reply to the thread)

I now have everything ready to go for this Friday, to be extra safe I contacted the Nationality Office and confirmed eligibility and required docs, it actually sounds like they were reading off the chart you provided me BritInParis ! , wish me luck !

Last edited by Freshwhyte; Jul 26th 2016 at 6:17 pm.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 9:48 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You're welcome - let us know how it goes.