Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Passport lost during the application process for a UK visa.

Passport lost during the application process for a UK visa.

Old Nov 28th 2017, 10:24 am
Just Joined

Sukiyaki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport lost during the application process for a UK visa.

After 12 weeks of waiting I just received an email to notify me that they have lost my passport!!!!!!! This is some kind of a joke?! My heart dropped when i read the email

"I am writing to notify you and apologise for the loss of your passport. Despite an extensive search we have been unable to locate your passport. I understand that this will be a huge disappointment for you and your fiancé in view of the fact that you have submitted an application to marry in the UK and I apologise for the inconvenience this loss of your passport will cause.

We will arrange to refund the visa fee that your paid for your application. We will also compensate you for the cost of replacing your passport and if you can confirm if there were any extant visas contained in the passport, we will arrange to pay for any costs associated with replacing these also.

I attempted to contact you earlier today to advise you of the loss of your passport but there was no answer. If you wish for me to contact you to discuss this matter further please confirm your current contact number is the number provided on your application form and also a time that is most convenient for me to call you.

I have attached a letter to this email to assist you with the process of applying for a new passport. As soon as you know how much the replacement passport fee will be, we can arrange for the funds to be credited to your personal bank account. I can talk you through this part of the process at a time which is convenient to you"

On 15th Nov I also paid 5pounds for an email asking about my status and got told 'With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that we have made a decision on your application'

This is so confusing and lost... Can anyone relate to this? anything similar?

Thank you
Old Nov 28th 2017, 1:19 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport lost during the application process for a UK visa.

Sounds like it was actually written by a human rather the usual auto generated output, probably the ECM? I would take up the offer of s phone call to find out what happens next via a vis your application as it sounds like they want you to start from scratch once you have replaced your passport.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply,

I tried to email back for further info but it was an Automatic reply.

Still waiting for my lawyer in UK to get back to me. So hopefully he can do something about this soon.

Any passports lost or stolen you have to report to the police to get a report before apply for a new right? and also any refunds through UKVI you need to fill out a form (you can't just give out personal bank detail over emails) correct me i'm wrong.

Thanks
Old Nov 28th 2017, 1:38 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sukiyaki
Thank you for your reply,

I tried to email back for further info but it was an Automatic reply.

Still waiting for my lawyer in UK to get back to me. So hopefully he can do something about this soon.

Any passports lost or stolen you have to report to the police to get a report before apply for a new right? and also any refunds through UKVI you need to fill out a form (you can't just give out personal bank detail over emails) correct me i'm wrong.

Thanks
Which passport are we talking about? Australian?
Old Nov 28th 2017, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Which passport are we talking about? Australian?
Yes
Old Nov 28th 2017, 6:48 pm

Report it lost here: https://www.passports.gov.au/reportl...s/default.aspx

The decision would've been made in Sheffield but the actual vignette would have been placed in your passport by UKVI staff at their hub in Manila. That's why you got a "decision made" confirmation first. Manila would've got the same notification only to realise they couldn't find your passport.

Arrange to speak to the Entry Clearance Manager as offered and confirm that they will be able to arrange for your vignette to be placed in your new passport without you having to lodge a new application and instructions on how they want you to send it.

Then it'll just be a case of getting yourself a new passport.