PASSPORT APPLICATION UNDER DESCENT (FATHER)

Old Feb 8th 2023, 6:45 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PASSPORT APPLICATION UNDER DESCENT (FATHER)

Potentially things like old British passports issued to your father to show a paper trail.
Old Feb 8th 2023, 6:48 am
Just Joined

adegboyegababashola90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Potentially things like old British passports issued to your father to show a paper trail.
oh yes you are correct. I had submitted his first British passport that was issued 1984 and as well as his new passport. Guess they just needed to see how he got it. Hence the reason why they requested for the certificate.
Old Feb 8th 2023, 6:52 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adegboyegababashola90
oh yes you are correct. I had submitted his first British passport that was issued 1984 and as well as his new passport. Guess they just needed to see how he got it. Hence the reason why they requested for the certificate.
Okay, then the certified copy should suffice by itself.
Old Feb 8th 2023, 6:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Okay, then the certified copy should suffice by itself.
okay thank you Brit’s. Will keep posted
Old Feb 25th 2023, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

Hello brits, i'm here again . I have just received my fathers certificate of registration as a British citizen (1974) from the national archive. However, i notice on the certificate there is no SECTION number. All i can see is name, certificate number, HO reference, date issued, place of birth and address. I would want to know if this is okay or does it mean before the 1981 nationality ACT; there was nothing like SECTIONS numbers ON CERTIFICATES ? i'm a bit skeptical about this as i have searched online, and i'm seeing section number on recent certifcates.
Old Feb 27th 2023, 1:55 am

Hello brits, i'm here again . I have just received my fathers certificate of registration as a British citizen (1974) from the national archive. However, i notice on the certificate there is no SECTION number. All i can see is name, certificate number, HO reference, date issued, place of birth and address. I would want to know if this is okay or does it mean before the 1981 nationality ACT; there was nothing like SECTIONS numbers ON CERTIFICATES ? i'm a bit skeptical about this as i have searched online, and i'm seeing section number on recent certifcates.
Without seeing it I cannot give you a definitive answer but I would submit it to HM Passport Office and let them decide whether it is sufficient or they require further evidence.
Old Apr 30th 2023, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

Hello Expat group. I'm here again, and I need clarification on my passport application.

My student BRP card will expire at the end of MAY, whilst I'm waiting for a decision on my passport application.

My question is; Do I need to apply for a graduate route visa or hold on until I decide on my application?

Old May 3rd 2023, 12:02 am

Hello Expat group. I'm here again, and I need clarification on my passport application.

My student BRP card will expire at the end of MAY, whilst I'm waiting for a decision on my passport application.

My question is; Do I need to apply for a graduate route visa or hold on until I decide on my application?
Interesting dilemma. If you’re a British citizen then you don’t require any visa to remain in the UK and any UK visa you hold or apply for is null and void. On the other hand if you’re not a British citizen then you remain in the UK beyond the expiry date of your existing visa without applying for another one means you will become an overstayer and would be subject to deportation proceedings.

On balance however it appears you are indeed a British citizen and therefore I would simply wait for your passport to be issued. Bear in mind however that you need to remain in the UK until you receive it.
Old May 4th 2023, 9:47 am
Just Joined

Okay, thank you. You have been more than helpful on this platform. You are a GEM 💎
Old May 16th 2023, 12:10 am
Just Joined

Good news, guys, My passport has been approved and printed. Thanks for the emotional and written support here. This platform is more than helping raise hopes for a positive and honest response. I would always and surely recommend it to fellow ex-pats. Cheers. Thank you @paris
Old May 16th 2023, 8:07 am

Good news, guys, My passport has been approved and printed. Thanks for the emotional and written support here. This platform is more than helping raise hopes for a positive and honest response. I would always and surely recommend it to fellow ex-pats. Cheers. Thank you @paris