Passport application from SA

Old Jan 6th 2019, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Kay_123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport application from SA

Hi all

My son has renewed his British passport online in South Africa and sent to HMPO in Durham as instructed. The package was signed for on Friday morning by HMPO but no email or text to confirm received. Am i too hasty? Should we have received one by now?
Thanks
Old Jan 6th 2019, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Passport application from SA

[QUOTE=Kay_123;12616994]
Hi all

My son has renewed his British passport online in South Africa and sent to HMPO in Durham as instructed. The package was signed for on Friday morning by HMPO but no email or text to confirm received. Am i too hasty? Should we have received one by now?
Thanks
[/QUOTE

I don’t know if it’s any different . I applied for renewal from the USA never got any emails or texts to say it arrived. I only received that it was delivered as I sent registered.
When they were sending it back to me I did receive notification so I could track it.
Old Jan 6th 2019, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Lpowers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kay_123
Hi all

Thanks
We did a application early last year (from Johannesburg). You do not get any notifications. You can however go online and track where it is in the process.
Old Jan 7th 2019, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Hi
Thanks for the replies - I tracked it first thing this morning and it states Declaration form received - application in progress...so now we wait.....hold thumbs
Old Jan 11th 2019, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Hi
How long did your application take in the end?
Old Jan 11th 2019, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

How long did you have to wait for your passport
Old Jan 11th 2019, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
How long did your application take in the end?
Mine was from the USA and it took about 2-3 weeks from what I recall.
Old Jan 11th 2019, 3:15 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

How long did you have to wait for your passport
Follow the prompts in this link and it will tell you the processing time https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
Old Jan 11th 2019, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Lpowers is an unknown quantity at this point

Ours was a first time application and we had an issue with some documents, but with this said we applied before Christmas, still gathered all the documents and sent in our docs in for the second time and had the passport in just about a month all in all. Very impressed.
Old Jan 11th 2019, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Wilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud of

Mine was received on Dec 24 18 and approved by Dec 31 18.

So about a week from receipt to approval.
Old Jan 11th 2019, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Thanks all - I know its only been a week but the online tracking says still processing - the only thing I have heard from my son is that on the application they ask for a color copy of any foreign passport, he is also a SA citizen but has lost his SA passport and just applied for a new today - he couldnt send a copy as he did not have one to copy, wondering if this will cause hassle!
Old Jan 11th 2019, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Follow the prompts in this link and it will tell you the processing time https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
Thanks
Old Jan 12th 2019, 2:50 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Give it until the end of next week and it’ll likely be on its way.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 7:51 am
Just Joined

Hi all
His countesignator has been contacted to provide proof of address via letter head (my son is currently in rehab) - this is all they asking for so sounds positive right?
Old Jan 14th 2019, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Hi all
His countesignator has been contacted to provide proof of address via letter head (my son is currently in rehab) - this is all they asking for so sounds positive right?
Yes it all sounds positive glad it’s all coming together.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.