Partner visa - returning to England

Old Oct 11th 2020, 4:42 am
Just Joined

LizinNZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Partner visa - returning to England

Kia Ora all,
After 17 years in NZ I am thinking of returning to the UK with my husband and kids (all kiwis). How easy is it to apply for a partner visa? any pitfalls to be aware of before we make any definite plans?
Also, am right in thinking my husband would be able to work on a partner visa?
Thanks in advance
Old Oct 11th 2020, 11:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner visa - returning to England

Hi, and welcome to BE.

Are your children British citizens? I assume so, so you'll just need to get them British passports if they don't have them already.

This link has info about spousal visas, so you can see if you'd qualify and what you'd need to do - https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spouse_Immigration-UK_

Yes, your husband would be able to work on one.

HTH, good luck.
Old Oct 11th 2020, 5:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner visa - returning to England

Personally, I think the documentation for a partner visa is more onerous than one for a spouse visa - although it's the same procedure.
While both require documentation proving co-habitation in a relationship akin to marriage (Utility bills/mortgage/rent bills, insurance documents etc) without these specific documents, and not married, it is more difficult to show that you have been living as man and wife (with relevant responsibilities) and not just a flat mates.
However, if you have been living together for many years you are likely to have all these necessary documents and, of course, you have children !

You start here:

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

Presume your children are British by descent (ie you are a born and bred Brit) so you won't have a financial requirements for them. As advised get their passports before you leave for UK.