Partner Visa Processing Times

Old Mar 17th 2015, 7:37 am
Just Joined

sera345 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Partner Visa Processing Times

Hi guys,

How accurate have you found this source to be? https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y

Also, just to be sure I am looking at the correct thing, is the initial partner visa classified as a 'Settlement Visa' or a 'Non-Settlement Visa'?

I am assuming 'Other Non-Settlement' as the EEA family permit also falls under that category and is is a temporary visa at this stage, correct?

If so, for my location it is telling me that "Most applications are processed within 10 days." which seems insanely fast.. only a couple years ago there were stories like this!: Border agency backlog keeps Britons and their foreign spouses in limbo | UK news | The Guardian

Thanks!
Old Mar 17th 2015, 8:36 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner Visa Processing Times

The initial partner visa is considered a settlement visa.
Old Mar 17th 2015, 8:40 am
Just Joined

sera345 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah, okay, so for 'Settlement' Visas the timing comes up as 30 days, that's slightly more believable, though still quite good.

So back to my original question - how accurate have people found those timings generally?
Old Mar 17th 2015, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Dundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to all

I have seen people getting approved in two weeks with no priority processing and within a week with priority processing.
But as the price is about to go up in April there may be more people applying before the increase..
Old Mar 17th 2015, 11:55 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It will really depend on where you're applying from, at what time of year and how straightforward or not your application is. Those processing times are actual statistics for a given recent month so there are a pretty accurate rule of thumb.
Old Mar 20th 2015, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Paul M B is an unknown quantity at this point

This calms me down a little. It looks like a two month maximum wait for an application from the U.S.
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 2:15 am
Just Joined

Samali11 is an unknown quantity at this point

We applied from Hong kong on 8 Dec 2014.They say we ll send u email so u collect the documents within next 3 working days.It should be completed in 60 days.Then the long wait started we waited and waited we sent emails asking about status in Jan/Feb but reply was no update.Then on 16 of march we got email that ur documents are ready come pickup at vsa global center and ur decision was made on 20 Jan and it was received in center on 21 Jan...
And it was a refusal.we complained about that we did not received any email in the last 2 months. So they checked there system n yes it was true,no email was sent. That is why they assume that we received it on 16 march so if we want we can appeal within 28 days starting 17 march.

End.

Last edited by Samali11; Mar 22nd 2015 at 2:18 am.