Parent's Accomodation

Old Jul 31st 2017, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Parent's Accomodation

Preparing to submit my Wife's visa application next month.

Have a letter from my parents stating we can stay in their house as long as we need. They own the property outright with no mortgage. we will have use of our own bed room with its own shower / toilet room.

Took photos of all the rooms and will get a copy of the land registry details.

assume that is all that is required in such a case?

thanks in advance
Old Jul 31st 2017, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Chezdon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Parent's Accomodation

I was advised to get a property inspection just to be safe. I've been getting quotes of £130 so in the grand scheme of things probably worth it. I don't think they'd reject the application without one - perhaps they'd delay pending an inspection.

Like a lot of things with this visa, it's quite ambiguous what's needed and what isn't but I guess the more the better.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 5:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Thought that was not required at all with immediate relatives such as parents?
Old Jul 31st 2017, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Thought that was not required at all with immediate relatives such as parents?
Again, some people will say no, some people yes. There is no required number of pieces of evidence. Perhaps having photos negates the need or an inspection. See what other people say. I'm putting my parent's place in our application and getting an inspection.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

We used my mother's house (owned by her, no mortgage) as our accommodation for the purposes of the application. We did not get an inspection (I have never heard it being required in this situation), we did however provide a letter from her stating that we could stay with her on an open ended basis, as well as originals of her latest council tax, electricity and telephone bills.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DernierVirage
We used my mother's house (owned by her, no mortgage) as our accommodation for the purposes of the application. We did not get an inspection (I have never heard it being required in this situation), we did however provide a letter from her stating that we could stay with her on an open ended basis, as well as originals of her latest council tax, electricity and telephone bills.
This is actually good to hear, because the room in my parents house is 8m2 and apparently it needs to be 9m2, an inspection company told me. So if I don't have to get it done then great.