Parent's accommodation letter for spouse visa

Old Mar 1st 2019, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

mark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of light
Default Parent's accommodation letter for spouse visa

Hello,

I will be applying for a spouse visa for my wife and using my parent's address as we will be staying there. There is plenty of space in the house and my mum can provide a recent council tax bill. Do we need to include anything else with this letter and council tax bill? The letter will be signed by my mum.

Thanks,

Mark
Old Mar 1st 2019, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Bingbing25 will become famous soon enoughBingbing25 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Parent's accommodation letter for spouse visa

Originally Posted by mark_sheffield
Hello,

I will be applying for a spouse visa for my wife and using my parent's address as we will be staying there. There is plenty of space in the house and my mum can provide a recent council tax bill. Do we need to include anything else with this letter and council tax bill? The letter will be signed by my mum.

Thanks,

Mark
I applied using my wife's parent's house, and we provided a land registry document as well as a letter & council tax bill.

https://www.gov.uk/search-property-i...4XwgAzXH19-0C8
Old Mar 2nd 2019, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

mark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bingbing25
I applied using my wife's parent's house, and we provided a land registry document as well as a letter & council tax bill.

https://www.gov.uk/search-property-i...4XwgAzXH19-0C8
Thanks for the very useful reply. I've just done a quick search and it's coming up with "No information found" for my mum's address. This is not surprising as she bought the house in the early 1980's before registration was compulsory. What can I do now? Should I apply for an official paper copy?

Thanks,

Mark
Old Mar 2nd 2019, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Bingbing25 will become famous soon enoughBingbing25 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the very useful reply. I've just done a quick search and it's coming up with "No information found" for my mum's address. This is not surprising as she bought the house in the early 1980's before registration was compulsory. What can I do now? Should I apply for an official paper copy?

Thanks,

Mark
I don't think you can order that when there's no record in registry. Perhaps there's a different way to prove ownership? Hope others can advise you on that.
Old Mar 2nd 2019, 12:55 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,

Mark
For properties registered before 1993
Contact HM Land Registry with the:
title number or address of the property
date or dates you’re applying for
They’ll search their records and tell you if they have a copy, and how to apply for it.
https://www.gov.uk/get-information-a...h-the-register

Old Mar 12th 2019, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

pendledreams5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We are using my mother in laws house for the accommodation requirement, the house isn’t registered in land registry as well because it’s an older home. Will the title deed of the house be sufficient for proving ownership? She also has a council tax bill from the 1990s, that was the last time they were assessed!
thanks!
Old Mar 12th 2019, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

dav123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bingbing25

Thanks for that.

Unless I'm mistaken, this document doesn't appear to show how many bedrooms the property has to prove there is adequate space?

So in addition to a letter from the property owner, council tax bill and land registry document, did you submit anything else as proof?

I have seen some people pay about £100 for someone to formally review the property, but I'm wondering if photos or screenshots from the estate agent would suffice?

Old Mar 12th 2019, 10:40 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pendledreams5
Hi,
We are using my mother in laws house for the accommodation requirement, the house isn’t registered in land registry as well because it’s an older home. Will the title deed of the house be sufficient for proving ownership? She also has a council tax bill from the 1990s, that was the last time they were assessed!
thanks!
The title deeds will suffice. I would also include a letter signed in ink from your mother-in-law giving you permission to live there together with a colour copy of her passport.
Old Mar 12th 2019, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The title deeds will suffice. I would also include a letter signed in ink from your mother-in-law giving you permission to live there together with a colour copy of her passport.
Thanks again BIP for your excellent advice!
we have the letter of permission, just need to have her sign it. Sadly, 2 weeks ago my father in law passed away, the house is in both their names, do we need to submit his death certificate too?
She has a passport, but it might be expired, does that matter?
thank you
Old Mar 13th 2019, 12:29 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again BIP for your excellent advice!
we have the letter of permission, just need to have her sign it. Sadly, 2 weeks ago my father in law passed away, the house is in both their names, do we need to submit his death certificate too?
She has a passport, but it might be expired, does that matter?
thank you
I would include the death certificate. I would renew the passport if necessary; maybe offer to pay?
Old Mar 13th 2019, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

BIP,
we’ll be checking in the next few days the status of her passport. I don’t want to burden her with another task, so I’m hoping it’s not expired. We would definitely pay for it if it is.
What is the reason for the passport? Photo ID purposes? Wondering if there’s any alternative

thanks
Old Mar 13th 2019, 6:49 pm

BIP,
we’ll be checking in the next few days the status of her passport. I don’t want to burden her with another task, so I’m hoping it’s not expired. We would definitely pay for it if it is.
What is the reason for the passport? Photo ID purposes? Wondering if there’s any alternative

thanks
Photo ID with a signature. Passport is best; you could also use a photo card driving licence but I suspect she won’t have one of those.
Old Mar 14th 2019, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dav123
Thanks for that.

Unless I'm mistaken, this document doesn't appear to show how many bedrooms the property has to prove there is adequate space?

So in addition to a letter from the property owner, council tax bill and land registry document, did you submit anything else as proof?

I have seen some people pay about £100 for someone to formally review the property, but I'm wondering if photos or screenshots from the estate agent would suffice?
We paid £60 for a surveyor to come over and write up a report on the house, but that's because I thought this was required. Apparently it's not required and you can do what you suggested.
Old Mar 14th 2019, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Photo ID with a signature. Passport is best; you could also use a photo card driving licence but I suspect she won’t have one of those.
Good news! Her passport is up to date! Phew!
Old Mar 15th 2019, 12:03 am

Good news! Her passport is up to date! Phew!
Excellent, crack on then.