Package arrived EMPTY! No letter or visa! HELP!

Old Aug 24th 2018, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

FionaMac2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Package arrived EMPTY! No letter or visa! HELP!

Finally after months of waiting our packet arrived back in the states with my husband. However we opened it to find nothing but what we sent inside. You could tell everything had been looked at and a passport photo was missing. But there as NO cross in his passport, NO letter and NO visa. NOTHING!
We are waiting to hear back from the home office and have our Mp helping us. But just wanted to see if this happened to anyone else??
What does it mean?!
So stressed!!
Old Aug 25th 2018, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

Shadowfair is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Package arrived EMPTY! No letter or visa! HELP!

no stamp of refusal ?
was it sponsor's passport or yours? yours will be returned to you not sponsor so think this means they have looked at the application and perhaps have decided the application . should hear something soon or maybe call ukvi
Old Aug 25th 2018, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

TimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Package arrived EMPTY! No letter or visa! HELP!

Originally Posted by FionaMac2 View Post
Finally after months of waiting our packet arrived back in the states with my husband. However we opened it to find nothing but what we sent inside. You could tell everything had been looked at and a passport photo was missing. But there as NO cross in his passport, NO letter and NO visa. NOTHING!
We are waiting to hear back from the home office and have our Mp helping us. But just wanted to see if this happened to anyone else??
What does it mean?!
So stressed!!
It means that the Home Office have made a screw-up.

After the application has been processed, US applicants should receive their passport and documents back in one parcel. If the visa was approved, you get an ‘application successful’ letter and a vignette in your passport. If it was rejected, you only get a refusal letter stating the reason(s) why.

If you’ve had neither, then, yes, you need to contact them and let them know what has happened, that they’ve made a mistake. I think you’ve done the right thing reaching out to your MP.

I hope you get it sorted out.