Wikiposts

Oz to UK - Passport question please.

Old Mar 24th 2014, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default Oz to UK - Passport question please.

Hi,

My husband and I with our Australian born daughter are returning to live in the UK, my husband cannot find his passport and we have not applied for one for my daughter.

I can enter on my british passport my husband and daughter can get into the UK with their Australian ones.
Both Husband and I are British citizens.

Question if we apply for new passports straight away for my daughter and husband, how long do they have on a Australian passport to stay on an initial visit or can the above not be done ?

Any help would be great. Thanks Carrianne
Old Mar 24th 2014, 8:06 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oz to UK - Passport question please.

An Australian citizen can visit the UK for up to six months without a visa. The issue you will face is that the Immigration Officer will ask you what the purpose of your visit is. If you tell him that you are moving back home permanently then it will be at his or her discretion to let you in without evidence of your British citizenship. Many BE posters have returned on their foreign passports without any problems although this is not guaranteed. Personally I would always recommend travelling back on a British passport. The price of obtaining a British passport overseas will drop massively on 7 April so there's little reason not to apply before you leave.

The Australian government will want you to enter and exit Australia on an Australian citizen so ideally you will need both passports for each of you.

In any case if your husband has lost his British passport he should report this immediately so it can be cancelled to prevent any unauthorised use.
Old Mar 24th 2014, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Thank you so much. Also husbands was expired and lost.

Will do.
Old Mar 24th 2014, 8:34 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You selling up and everything Carrie? Wow!
Old Mar 24th 2014, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes honey that's right. Lots happened recently and I'm ready now babes.
Old Mar 24th 2014, 8:51 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carrianne
Hope it all works out for you and yours.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 9:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carrianne
Best of luck matey
Old Mar 31st 2014, 8:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck! I concur - get UK passports, saves a whole lot of potential hassle! You don't want to be technically registered as a tourist!