Settlement visa - sponsors financial evidence

Old Feb 21st 2018, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Mikeh132 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Settlement visa - sponsors financial evidence

I am collating all evidence for my fiancée application for settlement marriage visa.

Most checklist say they include a letter from employer.

I’ve recently started a new job and have a recently signed contract which has all the details that an employment letter would have. I also have the first months payslip as well.

Therefore do I really need to submit employer letter?

(I have all docs from previous employment also wher I was earning over threshold)
Old Feb 21st 2018, 11:54 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Settlement visa - sponsors financial evidence

Under which category do you intend to meet the financial requirements?
Old Feb 21st 2018, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Under which category do you intend to meet the financial requirements?
Category B.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

I understand the requirement of category B and have had continuous employment for the last 4 years earning over the threshold. So I’m able to meet and demonstrate both parts of category B.

Just think it may be unnecessary to get a letter when I have a signed contract from this month showing all
Those details.

What do you think ?
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 11:24 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Category B still requires you to be employed at the time of application. Having an employment contract doesn't mean that you have ceased work in the meantime which is why most people will also include an up-to-date letter from their employer confirming employment. If you have started recently then you may feel you do not need to do that. Personally speaking I still would.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 11:43 am
Just Joined

Sorry I think I worded that a bit badly. I’m earning over the threshold now and I have been in the last few years also.

Thanks for your input. I’ll probably just go with my contract now as it’s dated in the last 28 days.

Thanks again