Overdrawn bank account and applying for a spouse visa

Old Nov 6th 2014, 8:50 am
Just Joined

James1859 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Overdrawn bank account and applying for a spouse visa

Hello Friends

I have been working since July 2012 and my salary during all that time has been over £18,600.

For the past 5 months my bank account has been overdrawn (below 0) and I've been living from my overdraft. I bought a car to commute to and from work ... etc.

This month my account is once again above £0 (phew!). I have around £1000 on my account, and of course I'm still in full time employment.

If I go and apply for spouse visa now in Turkey. Can they refuse on the grounds that my bank statement shows me being below £0 for 5 months?

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank You.
Old Nov 9th 2014, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Missblissbear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Overdrawn bank account and applying for a spouse visa

I'm in the process of applying for a spouse visa also. Both myself and my husbands accounts have overdrafts. Your account is using the agreed overdraft amount... So im hoping they don't see it differently!
Old Nov 9th 2014, 1:04 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Overdrawn bank account and applying for a spouse visa

Originally Posted by James1859
Hello Friends

I have been working since July 2012 and my salary during all that time has been over £18,600.

For the past 5 months my bank account has been overdrawn (below 0) and I've been living from my overdraft. I bought a car to commute to and from work ... etc.

This month my account is once again above £0 (phew!). I have around £1000 on my account, and of course I'm still in full time employment.

If I go and apply for spouse visa now in Turkey. Can they refuse on the grounds that my bank statement shows me being below £0 for 5 months?

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank You.
Hi James - I haven't read anything in the rules that specifies what your bank balance should be, when you're applying only on the basis of employment. To me, that says that it's not an issue as if it was, it would surely be specified - but that's only my thoughts. I hope someone who has a definitive answer comes along to set your mind at ease.

I don't think you'd be an orphan in not being able to save any of your salary - in fact you're probably in the majority. Best of luck for your application and move