One question at a time: Evidence for self employment?

Old Feb 1st 2019, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

PrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond repute
Default One question at a time: Evidence for self employment?

So, we're going to go the savings route, but in the initial online settlement visa application, we're asked for hubby's employment information. He's a self-employed artist, so we'll put that in. Do we need to submit evidence of this, and if so, what type of evidence? Could we give a list of galleries and print articles written about him/show openings in local newspapers, for example?
Old Feb 1st 2019, 10:08 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One question at a time: Evidence for self employment?

Originally Posted by PrairieWriter
So, we're going to go the savings route, but in the initial online settlement visa application, we're asked for hubby's employment information. He's a self-employed artist, so we'll put that in. Do we need to submit evidence of this, and if so, what type of evidence? Could we give a list of galleries and print articles written about him/show openings in local newspapers, for example?
If you're meeting the financial requirement entirely through cash savings of £62,500 held in yours/your husband's/joint bank account/s, then you don't need to provide any further financial/employment details. Can you cut and paste here the employment information question you're referring to?
Old Feb 1st 2019, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

PrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
If you're meeting the financial requirement entirely through cash savings of £62,500 held in yours/your husband's/joint bank account/s, then you don't need to provide any further financial/employment details. Can you cut and paste here the employment information question you're referring to?
Here's what the section looks like on screen.

Old Feb 1st 2019, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Here's what the section looks like before you pick any of the options:

Old Feb 1st 2019, 3:43 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I can't help you with this. I stated that I worked for the Government, and didn't have to complete any salary etc details. I used the cash savings route also.
Old Feb 1st 2019, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Sorry, I can't help you with this. I stated that I worked for the Government, and didn't have to complete any salary etc details. I used the cash savings route also.
Well darn! Never mind. Thank you anyway for replying! There must be someone out there who has gone the savings route but where the applicant has also been employed or self employed? It shouldn’t matter anyway, I suppose, as we can’t include hubby’s income at any rate until we’re in the U.K.