one more question.... hopefully

Old Jan 29th 2019, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

Clloyd101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default one more question.... hopefully

U.K. Spouse Visa...

I mentioned we are able to use our savings along with my income to meet the required amount. My savings are in my ISA account and of course I have money in my current account. Would I just send bank statements from both accounts? Just making sure that the money is fine in the ISA or if it would need to be moved to my current account.

With my current employment I work on a contract basis with Princess Cruises. I go onboard at around 6 months at a time. I’ve checked with my accountant and she confirmed that it is a UK based company and I am ‘Employed’ by Princess Cruises.
Do they check my income for the past year (April to April) or more when we apply for the spouse visa?
Will I have to make sure I have a contract lined up for when we apply for the visa?
Our next cruise contract finishes in September 2019. We then want to apply for the Visa. Basically will I have to have a confirmed contract lined up for 2020?
Hope that makes sense?
Old Jan 30th 2019, 11:53 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: one more question.... hopefully

So long as you can instantly withdraw funds from your ISA and the amount you are relying on to supplement your income has been held in the account for at least six months then you don’t need to include your current account statements as proof of savings. You will need to provide however as proof of your salaried income.

Contract work is fine; you should reread Appendix FM 1.7 and check whether you qualify under Category A or B for the salaried income component.
Old Feb 1st 2019, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Clloyd101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just out of interest. When applying to extend the Visa after 2.5 years do you have to meet the £18000 earnings each? Or because we’re both working in the U.K. is it combained income?
Old Feb 1st 2019, 3:06 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clloyd101
Just out of interest. When applying to extend the Visa after 2.5 years do you have to meet the £18000 earnings each? Or because we’re both working in the U.K. is it combained income?
It's just £18,600. So one member of the couple needs to be earning £18,600 or above, or the job income of both can be combined to make up the £18,600.