Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Once the spouse visa is approved, how long before we have to move from the US?

Once the spouse visa is approved, how long before we have to move from the US?

Old Dec 13th 2018, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

pollybegoode is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Once the spouse visa is approved, how long before we have to move from the US?

My husband and I are currently living in the US and are planning on applying for the spouse visa very soon. If and when the spouse visa is approved, how long do we have before we have to move to the UK?
Thanks!
Old Dec 13th 2018, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Once the spouse visa is approved, how long before we have to move from the U

You provide a proposed travel date when you apply. You will be given 30 days from that date to enter the UK and get the BRP document.

You don't have to move permanently to the UK during that period. Some people enter the UK, get the BRP and then return to their home countries for a few weeks to finish up things.