Once spouse is here..

Old Jan 21st 2019, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

bookerw100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Once spouse is here..

Hi now that my spouse is here, I want to make sure I plan everything so there are no issues when it comes to renewal in 2 and bit years.

Is there any documents or something we should start to keep hold off - proof of staying together or something? I wanted to get her name on council tax but they won't do it without my wife's name on the tenancy agreement. The thing is any new agreement will be of 6 months which I don't want to sign.

I have registered her on the voting

Any other ways we can start to collect documents..or just anything else we should be aware of that will help us later down the line - any comments appreciated.
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Once spouse is here..

I have no clue but I read this on another forum

For FLR(M), you prove you have been living together for the previous 2 years before applying, by sending:
- 6 official documents addressed to both of you at the same address (either 6 jointly addressed or 12 separately addressed, or a combination of both)
- from at least 3 official sources (i.e. tenancy agreements, utility bills, council tax statements, bank statements, letters from HMRC/NHS/DLVA/DWP
- spread evenly over the 2 years... so one document in each name, every 4 months
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, however it is a bit unclear from the online form - do we need 2 years from when the spouse first moved in together or 2 years prior to the date of the application as the visa is for 2.5 years?
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bookerw100
Thanks, however it is a bit unclear from the online form - do we need 2 years from when the spouse first moved in together or 2 years prior to the date of the application as the visa is for 2.5 years?
From when she got the visa that’s when you start to collect and keep the documents like utilities. You still have to have 6 months of bank statements like for the spousal visa

The other forum I look at is UKyankee.com you have to ask to be added and then you pay a subscription of $1.00. Through pay pal .
You can still see the posts even if you don’t want to join and ask questions They have a visa and citizenship site within the forum. Good reading just like this forum

Old Jan 23rd 2019, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sammy2018

From when she got the visa that’s when you start to collect and keep the documents like utilities. You still have to have 6 months of bank statements like for the spousal visa

but in that case you will have to have 2.5 years worth of letters etc whereas they ask for 2. I think it may be 2 year prior to date of application which can be 33 months into living in the UK so you wont have to submit the first 8 months.
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bookerw100
but in that case you will have to have 2.5 years worth of letters etc whereas they ask for 2. I think it may be 2 year prior to date of application which can be 33 months into living in the UK so you wont have to submit the first 8 months.

yup you are correct !