Not seen each other, applying for spouse visa

Old Apr 22nd 2019, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Sophies1992 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not seen each other, applying for spouse visa

Hello,

some advice please.

so me and my man have not seen each other ever, but are planning to get married in October, then we’re going to apply for spouse visa. We are genuine there is no arranged married or anything, just with work commitments and travel exspenses it has not been possible,we know what we want & want to be together. I’m wondering though how this would look on our application on the appendix 2 form when we have to state when we met, when we got married, when was the last time we saw each other. Would this send red flags & result in a declined application??

any help would be appreciated
thank you.
Old Apr 22nd 2019, 2:44 pm
L/R

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not seen each other, applying for spouse visa

Originally Posted by Sophies1992 View Post
.... Would this send red flags & result in a declined application?? ...
"Yes" & "That will be a very likely outcome".
Old Apr 22nd 2019, 2:54 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

some advice please.

so me and my man have not seen each other ever, but are planning to get married in October, then we’re going to apply for spouse visa. We are genuine there is no arranged married or anything, just with work commitments and travel exspenses it has not been possible,we know what we want & want to be together. I’m wondering though how this would look on our application on the appendix 2 form when we have to state when we met, when we got married, when was the last time we saw each other. Would this send red flags & result in a declined application??

any help would be appreciated
thank you.
If I were you I'd delay the application and use the money you were going to spend on the visa application, IHS fee and airfare to the UK, and instead arrange to meet and spend some time together. Your application has a much greater chance of being successful if you can provide evidence that you've met.
Old Apr 22nd 2019, 7:27 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If this isn’t an arranged marriage and there are no other cultural reasons as to why you’ve never met in person then, yes, that would be viewed with a large dose of scepticism by your ECO. I am presuming that met online? How long since you first communicated with each other? Which passport(s) do you both hold and which countries do you reside in?

Last edited by BritInParis; Apr 22nd 2019 at 7:31 pm.
Old Apr 22nd 2019, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
If this isn’t an arranged marriage and there are no other cultural reasons as to why you’ve never met in person then, yes, that would be viewed with a large dose of scepticism by your ECO. I am presuming that met online? How long since you first communicated with each other? Which passport(s) do you both hold and which countries do you reside in?
It’s deffinetly not arranged. We did meet online . Almost 2 years ago. It’s been a hard 2 years & not having the finances even harder.
Im from the Uk & he is from Nigeria & no it’s not a scam or anything like that .
& as the reply’s that was my fear, don’t want to be wasting money.
Old Apr 22nd 2019, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
"Yes" & "That will be a very likely outcome".
Thank you for being honest
Old Apr 22nd 2019, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
If I were you I'd delay the application and use the money you were going to spend on the visa application, IHS fee and airfare to the UK, and instead arrange to meet and spend some time together. Your application has a much greater chance of being successful if you can provide evidence that you've met.

thank you!
Old Apr 22nd 2019, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

It’s deffinetly not arranged. We did meet online . Almost 2 years ago. It’s been a hard 2 years & not having the finances even harder.
Im from the Uk & he is from Nigeria & no it’s not a scam or anything like that .
If finances have been difficult so as to prevent you from visiting one another, are you able to qualify under the financial requirements?

Where are you marrying? Nigeria?
Old Apr 22nd 2019, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl View Post
If finances have been difficult so as to prevent you from visiting one another, are you able to qualify under the financial requirements?

Where are you marrying? Nigeria?
yes I would qualify as I make more than the 18,600 required. & yes Nigeria is where we will be getting married in October.
Old Apr 22nd 2019, 9:56 pm
L/R

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

…. he is from Nigeria & no it’s not a scam or anything like that …
In the light of that new information, and given the reputation of Nigeria as being a risk country for terrorism, fraud, human trafficking, drug trafficking, human rights abuses, and possibly some other things, I would like to change my earlier reply (post #2) to”That will be a very likely the outcome”. I wouldn’t bet my life on the answer to that question, but I can’t imagine how a visa application could be approved if you have never even met.

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 22nd 2019 at 10:04 pm.
Old Apr 23rd 2019, 12:08 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t wish to patronise you, but how can you be sure it’s not a scam if you’ve never met him? To wish to freely marry a person you have never met is very unusual and for that person to be from a country which is notorious for fraud rings every alarm bell there is. I can’t imagine any ECO granting him a spouse visa as they’ll be thinking exactly the same thing.
Old Apr 26th 2019, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute

Everything BritInParis said.

Colour me old, old-fashioned, and more than a bit skeptical, but if you've never met in person, you don't know how you will feel when you actually meet. Quite frankly, the "on-line spark" may fizzle when you actually see the person in the flesh.

Alarm bells ring very loudly for me, and they will for the ECO.