Reload this Page >

Non-pbs visa as a DoD civilian

Non-pbs visa as a DoD civilian

Old Jun 24th 2018, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Tcovington is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Non-pbs visa as a DoD civilian

hello everyone,

my quick question is what can can i do on my non-pbs visa I’ve googled everywhere but it only gives me information for household workers. As a DoD civilian with this visa can i go back to uni? can i work other places? Does it lead to settlement? Any information would be great. Thank you.
Also how long does it take to be approved for this visa after biometrics?

Last edited by Tcovington; Jun 24th 2018 at 7:30 pm. Reason: More information to add
Old Jun 24th 2018, 8:25 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non-pbs visa as a DoD civilian

Originally Posted by Tcovington
hello everyone,

my quick question is what can can i do on my non-pbs visa I’ve googled everywhere but it only gives me information for household workers. As a DoD civilian with this visa can i go back to uni? can i work other places? Does it lead to settlement? Any information would be great. Thank you.
Also how long does it take to be approved for this visa after biometrics?
Hi - sorry, some questions back at you!
Which UK visa are you applying for?
By DoD are you referring to the US Department of Defence?
Old Jun 24th 2018, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi - sorry, some questions back at you!
Which UK visa are you applying for?
By DoD are you referring to the US Department of Defence?
I’m applying for the non-pbs visa and yes the DoD is dept of defense.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 9:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I’m applying for the non-pbs visa and yes the DoD is dept of defense.
From a quick Google it seems that’s an employment based visa rather than a family one, so I’ll move your thread to the right place.

Good luck.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 10:28 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Are you a dependent family member of a DoD contractor?
Old Jun 24th 2018, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Are you a dependent family member of a DoD contractor?
they have me sponsoring myself. Don’t ask me how that works because i have no idea. That’s just what it has me doing. And my visa paperwork says it’s indefinite as long as i work for the DoD. But can i work elsewhere as well? Can i go back to uni? Can i eventually settle.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 11:16 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

they have me sponsoring myself. Don’t ask me how that works because i have no idea. That’s just what it has me doing. And my visa paperwork says it’s indefinite as long as i work for the DoD. But can i work elsewhere as well? Can i go back to uni? Can i eventually settle.
I presume you are a US citizen working for the DoD as a civilian employee. I’m somewhat confused by your line of thinking. If you’re working in the UK for the DoD, are they likely to allow you to take a second job or study at university?
Old Jun 24th 2018, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

I presume you are a US citizen working for the DoD as a civilian employee. I’m somewhat confused by your line of thinking. If you’re working in the UK for the DoD, are they likely to allow you to take a second job or study at university?
i was told i could do whatever my visa allowed. I was accepted to a uni and because I’m not on tier 4 i can go part time.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 11:33 pm

i was told i could do whatever my visa allowed. I was accepted to a uni and because I’m not on tier 4 i can go part time.
What does your visa grant letter say?
Old Jun 24th 2018, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

What does your visa grant letter say?
i don’t have one. I’m trying to see if i should do as they say and get the non pbs or get the tier 1. That’s why I’m asking what can i do with the non pbs visa.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 11:42 pm

i don’t have one. I’m trying to see if i should do as they say and get the non pbs or get the tier 1. That’s why I’m asking what can i do with the non pbs visa.
If you’re a DoD employee being posted to the UK why would you be eligible for a Tier 1 visa? You’re going to have to give some background information on your situation in order for posters to help you.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

If you’re a DoD employee being posted to the UK why would you be eligible for a Tier 1 visa? You’re going to have to give some background information on your situation in order for posters to help you.
I’d like to think I gave backcgorund. I work for the US DoD as a civilian and am being stationed at Lakenheath. They require a non-pbs visa. However, they are under the tier 1 companies as well. Since the DoD doesn’t fall under the typical types of non-pbs categories i would like to know what all can be done with thie non-pbs visa. What are it’s limitations?
Old Jun 25th 2018, 1:05 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I’d like to think I gave backcgorund. I work for the US DoD as a civilian and am being stationed at Lakenheath. They require a non-pbs visa. However, they are under the tier 1 companies as well. Since the DoD doesn’t fall under the typical types of non-pbs categories i would like to know what all can be done with thie non-pbs visa. What are it’s limitations?
Well you've got me confused. There isn't a 'one size fits all' non points based visa - there are a few categories and unless you have a UK citizen grandparent none of them seem to fit.
Are you saying that the DoD are stationing you in Lakenheath UK but want you to get your own visa?
Or are you saying that you'd like to apply for a posting in Lakenheath, but the DoD has told you that if you want to do that you'll have to find your own visa?

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Jun 25th 2018 at 1:08 am.
Old Jun 25th 2018, 6:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Well you've got me confused. There isn't a 'one size fits all' non points based visa - there are a few categories and unless you have a UK citizen grandparent none of them seem to fit.
Are you saying that the DoD are stationing you in Lakenheath UK but want you to get your own visa?
Or are you saying that you'd like to apply for a posting in Lakenheath, but the DoD has told you that if you want to do that you'll have to find your own visa?
yes they are posting me there and i have to get my own visa.
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 1:15 am

There's no such thing as a 'Tier 1 company' - do you mean they are on the list of Tier 2/Tier 5 sponsors? If you do mean Tier 1, which particular category would you be applying under?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.