Non-Employment Income Question

Old Apr 3rd 2018, 5:37 am
Just Joined

flippanor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Non-Employment Income Question

Hi,

We are going to be combining income sources for our spouse visa application, as my husbands job only pays £16,000 per year.

I own in my name only a rental property with a monthly income of £1000/month (£12,000/year). A solicitor and the home office have confirmed it's ok that the property is in my name only as it's non employment income (I am the one applying to join my partner in the UK). Is this correct?

Second question, I have a mortgage on this property, is this ok? or does that negate the income?

Thank you,
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non-Employment Income Question

You say that you are joining your husband in the UK.

Therefore this sounds like an initial visa (first visa for the initial 2.5 years).

If so it is only your husband's income which can be taken into account. Your non-employment income is not relevant.

You CAN however use any joint savings you and husband have to make up the shortfall. You need 22,500 GBP in savings.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 6:06 am
Just Joined

flippanor is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that. From my reading of the appendix FM 1.7 it appears that non employment income can be contributed from either of us. Am I misreading this?

6.1.2. Unless otherwise specified, the specified non-employment income which the applicant’s partner and/or the applicant have received in the 12 months prior to the date of application can be counted towards the financial requirement.
6.1.3. The relevant asset on which any income is based must be in the name of the applicant, their partner or both jointly and held or owned at the date of application.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 12:03 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flippanor
Thanks for that. From my reading of the appendix FM 1.7 it appears that non employment income can be contributed from either of us. Am I misreading this?

6.1.2. Unless otherwise specified, the specified non-employment income which the applicant’s partner and/or the applicant have received in the 12 months prior to the date of application can be counted towards the financial requirement.
6.1.3. The relevant asset on which any income is based must be in the name of the applicant, their partner or both jointly and held or owned at the date of application.
Did you maybe read the next part? 6.2?
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flippanor

Apologies.... read your posting completely incorrectly.

Your non employment income from rental property, if following the guidelines, can be used to meet the financial requirements.

Having a mortgage on the property does not negate the income.