British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Non applying children flr m (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/non-applying-children-flr-m-938506/)

Zweeto May 9th 2021 12:52 pm

Non applying children flr m

Hi all
Desperately need help with a question on the flr m online form. I'm a British citizen with 3 children from a previous marriage all British. We are applying for flr m for my husband and his son from his previous marriage.

We have come across a question 'Non applying children ' really confused how to answer it ...

And also does my husband add his dependant son on his form or do we need to fill out a separate form for him too and should we include all child custody documents for the dependant child that my husband has ?? We submitted these in the first initial application?

Please could anyone guide as we can't move on with filling the form until we have answered all the questions..

Thank you in advance ☺

SanDiegogirl May 9th 2021 4:27 pm

Re: Non applying children flr m

According to your earlier posts your husband and his stepson entered the UK on visas in 2018.

So, the stepson is applying for FLR too?

If so, it's your children who are non applying - and you answer all questions relating to non applying children with their details.

Yes, you include all necessary custody documents for the stepson - presumably you had to do this for the initial visa.

Zweeto May 9th 2021 4:45 pm

Re: Non applying children flr m

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 13004271)
According to your earlier posts your husband and his stepson entered the UK on visas in 2018.

So, the stepson is applying for FLR too?

If so, it's your children who are non applying - and you answer all questions relating to non applying children with their details.

Yes, you include all necessary custody documents for the stepson - presumably you had to do this for the initial visa.

Hi thank you for your reply.

My children are all British citizens from my previous marriage and are not related to my husband (Stepdad) I don't understand why I have to add my children on the application as they are not biologically related to my husband.

Yes My husband and stepson are both applying for flr m.
so do we add the stepson onto my husbands application or fill out a separate form...while filling out my husbands online form we were asked if my husband had any dependents which he wanted to add into his application so we did that ? But does that mean we don't need to fill out a separate form for stepson ???

Pls could you clarify

Thank you in advance ☺