No reply received from escalation

Old Aug 18th 2018, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

Beijaflor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No reply received from escalation

Hi

this is our timeline below, we escalated the application on 27th July after 30 working days. As I didn’t receive any email after 15 working days from the escalation I contacted them on the extortionate telephone number.

Was told that a reply was emailed that day but I haven’t received it (been checking normal and junk folders 50 times a day!)
The email address that they apparently sent the email too was correct but 100 percent I never received it.
Has this happened to anyone else? I guess the email
was just a generic ‘still processing application’ message but who knows.

Have now escalated for the second time and it’s now marked urgent but I have no faith in their service.... absolutely abysmal so frustrating

Also interested to hear if other people had 2nd applications processed within 60 working days? We paid priority but I know they don’t guarantee this after a refusal. Ours should be a straightforward case, 2nd application done through a solicitor and they say we 100 percent cover everything. Hard to stay calm want to move now my sons starts school in England in September. Currently 47 working days since biometrics.

Good luck to others waiting

Country applying from: Norway (but for Brazilian)

This was 2nd application - first one rejected due to lack of relationship info. Takes too long to appeal so reapplied. We should be straightforward married 10 years and 2 kids.

Type of visa applied for: Spouse Settlement
Priority/Non Priority: Priority
Date application submitted (online): 11/06/18
Date biometrics taken: 14/06/18
Office location processing your visa: Sheffield, UK
27/7/18 - called to escalate as over 30 working days

16/8/18 - no response to escalation received but they say they sent an email to correct address?!
Re escalated and marked urgent - not sure that this actually does much....
Old Aug 18th 2018, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No reply received from escalation

Lack of relationship information after 10 years of marriage and two children ????????

Should not have bothered with priority after a refusal, as your second application will get more scrutiny ..... the 30 days estimate is irrelevant in these circumstances.

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Aug 18th 2018 at 7:57 pm.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

Shadowfair is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beijaflor
Hi

this is our timeline below, we escalated the application on 27th July after 30 working days. As I didn’t receive any email after 15 working days from the escalation I contacted them on the extortionate telephone number.

Was told that a reply was emailed that day but I haven’t received it (been checking normal and junk folders 50 times a day!)
The email address that they apparently sent the email too was correct but 100 percent I never received it.
Has this happened to anyone else? I guess the email
was just a generic ‘still processing application’ message but who knows.

Have now escalated for the second time and it’s now marked urgent but I have no faith in their service.... absolutely abysmal so frustrating

Also interested to hear if other people had 2nd applications processed within 60 working days? We paid priority but I know they don’t guarantee this after a refusal. Ours should be a straightforward case, 2nd application done through a solicitor and they say we 100 percent cover everything. Hard to stay calm want to move now my sons starts school in England in September. Currently 47 working days since biometrics.

Good luck to others waiting

Country applying from: Norway (but for Brazilian)

This was 2nd application - first one rejected due to lack of relationship info. Takes too long to appeal so reapplied. We should be straightforward married 10 years and 2 kids.

Type of visa applied for: Spouse Settlement
Priority/Non Priority: Priority
Date application submitted (online): 11/06/18
Date biometrics taken: 14/06/18
Office location processing your visa: Sheffield, UK
27/7/18 - called to escalate as over 30 working days

16/8/18 - no response to escalation received but they say they sent an email to correct address?!
Re escalated and marked urgent - not sure that this actually does much....
some of the ECO have as much brain as a monkey or maybe less , just about enough to write the letter or rejection I guess.
10 years and 2 kids and still not satisfied !! maybe next step is DNA test
Old Aug 20th 2018, 2:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadowfair
some of the ECO have as much brain as a monkey or maybe less , just about enough to write the letter or rejection I guess.
10 years and 2 kids and still not satisfied !! maybe next step is DNA test
Some of the ECOs read these forums. Just because you don't think you're getting the service you think you are entitled to, doesn't mean you can anonymously abuse the people you are expecting help from.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

Shadowfair is an unknown quantity at this point

<<<SNIP>>>

i don’t mean to offend them and have said SOME not all but in reality see how many people are struggling here with their poor decision making or numerous issues caused by their senseless and robotic decisions as it seems.

not fighting anyone corners here but i don’t think it is equally justifible to reject someone after having 2 kids and years of marriage!

To reply to other point, i nor anyone else is seeking help from ECO. We are forced as citizens to go through them and at time taste their bitter decisions

i suggest you read how many cases have been overturned by court as ECO have not been competent enough or thorough

or check how many people turned up at court after a year long appeal and UKVI did not.
this is not humane

in fact for the ECO’s that are there to help people, I and many others will respect them
[/left]

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Aug 20th 2018 at 10:58 am. Reason: Off topic comment deleted
Old Aug 20th 2018, 4:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadowfair

maybe you are an ECO?
Your first post was deleted due to abuse so not as rude as you.

i don’t mean to offend them and have said SOME not all but in reality see how many people are struggling here with their poor decision making or numerous issues caused by their senseless and robotic decisions as it seems.

not fighting anyone corners here but i don’t think it is equally justifible to reject someone after having 2 kids and years of marriage!

To reply to other point, i nor anyone else is seeking help from ECO. We are forced as citizens to go through them and at time taste their bitter decisions

i suggest you read how many cases have been overturned by court as ECO have not been competent enough or thorough

or check how many people turned up at court after a year long appeal and UKVI did not.
this is not humane

in fact for the ECO’s that are there to help people, I and many others will respect them
Just because you've been married 10 years and have two children does not mean you have a real spousal relationship. The ECOs don't know you from Adam, they require detailed proof. If you don't provide sufficient proof that your relationship is true, you'll get rejected. A visa is a privilege, not a right. Too many people forget that.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 9:23 am
Just Joined

TimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Just because you've been married 10 years and have two children does not mean you have a real spousal relationship. The ECOs don't know you from Adam, they require detailed proof. If you don't provide sufficient proof that your relationship is true, you'll get rejected. A visa is a privilege, not a right. Too many people forget that.
Well, exactly - the legal requirement is that, to qualify for a spouse visa, you have to demonstrate a genuine and subsistent relationship.

For that, the ECO is going to expect to see documentary evidence that you have been living together in a relationship throughout the period you say you've been together. If you've not been living together, then they are going to expect to see proof of visits and regular communication for the times when you were apart, again covering the entire period of the relationship.

That you have kids does not demonstrate that. It demonstrates that you did 'the wild thing' once, which is not the same as a genuine and subsisting relationship.

The job of the ECO is to make a decision based on what the law actually says, not what the applicant thinks it should say.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 10:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by az2014
Thats a very rude thing to say.

Maybe look at your own posts on this forum before accusing others of having a brain like a monkey.
The post I deleted and this one is also taking the thread off topic. We ask that threads in the Immigration Forums stay on topic, or they will be deleted. If you have anything further to say please PM me as per Site Rules.