British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   No confirmation from UKVI / VFS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/no-confirmation-ukvi-vfs-922060/)

Ish Feb 14th 2019 10:31 am

No confirmation from UKVI / VFS

We submitted a spousal visa settlement application on 8th Feb in Mumbai, North. So far we have not received any update / text from either VFS or UKVI that our application has been received by the Home Office at Sheffield. We also went with the courier service so all of our supporting documents will be couriered by VFS. We called the helpline to check but they gave a generic reply that application is under process and refused to confirm if the documents have been received!

This seems bizarre to me. Is there any way to confirm that Sheffield has received our application and supporting docs ?

Thanks in advance!

spouse of scouse Feb 14th 2019 10:37 am

Re: No confirmation from UKVI / VFS

Originally Posted by Ish (Post 12636972)
We submitted a spousal visa settlement application on 8th Feb in Mumbai, North. So far we have not received any update / text from either VFS or UKVI that our application has been received by the Home Office at Sheffield. We also went with the courier service so all of our supporting documents will be couriered by VFS. We called the helpline to check but they gave a generic reply that application is under process and refused to confirm if the documents have been received!

This seems bizarre to me. Is there any way to confirm that Sheffield has received our application and supporting docs ?

Thanks in advance!

Lots of people report not receiving any correspondence at all until the decision made notification. If you've been told that your application is being processed, then your documents have been received.

Ish Feb 14th 2019 10:52 am

ok, many thanks for the prompt reply.

Ish Feb 14th 2019 11:31 am

One correction - we were told that application is "awaiting a decision". Presumably, it still means that they have received our documents ? Thanks in advance.

BritInParis Feb 14th 2019 12:25 pm

Yes.

Ish Feb 14th 2019 12:40 pm

Many thanks!

POIKKIMAKI Feb 14th 2019 5:58 pm

I just received my confirmation yesterday February 13 and did my scanning and biometrics on January 30. So I assume you will get yours soon.

spouse of scouse Feb 14th 2019 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by POIKKIMAKI (Post 12637208)
I just received my confirmation yesterday February 13 and did my scanning and biometrics on January 30. So I assume you will get yours soon.

As I wrote previously, many people never receive confirmation that their documents were received. It's nothing to worry about.

Ish Feb 14th 2019 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12637209)
As I wrote previously, many people never receive confirmation that their documents were received. It's nothing to worry about.

Many thanks !!