NHS Surcharge - Dependent Exempt

Old Jan 8th 2019, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Lpowers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NHS Surcharge - Dependent Exempt

Hi All

Just wanted to see if anyone else had recently experienced the same as me and what the outcome was. On Sunday evening I went online and submitted all our (myself and two daughters (1 and 3 year olds)) settlement applications and as per process I went on to pay our NHS levy. When I got to the girls it came up and said nothing was due and that they are exempt due to the status of their application, i.e. main applicant applying as a dependent of a settled person under the age of 18.

This can't be right, can it?

We are going in in the next two weeks to do all our biometrics but have opted to have our applications done by means of super priority, will this be an issue with our applications?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 9:27 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NHS Surcharge - Dependent Exempt

Originally Posted by Lpowers
Hi All

Just wanted to see if anyone else had recently experienced the same as me and what the outcome was. On Sunday evening I went online and submitted all our (myself and two daughters (1 and 3 year olds)) settlement applications and as per process I went on to pay our NHS levy. When I got to the girls it came up and said nothing was due and that they are exempt due to the status of their application, i.e. main applicant applying as a dependent of a settled person under the age of 18.

This can't be right, can it?

We are going in in the next two weeks to do all our biometrics but have opted to have our applications done by means of super priority, will this be an issue with our applications?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.
Are one of the parents of the children British Citizens other than by descent? if so they will be British Citizens and not have to pay the NHS surcharge
Old Jan 8th 2019, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Are one of the parents of the children British Citizens other than by descent? if so they will be British Citizens and not have to pay the NHS surcharge
Nope, strangest thing, their father (the sponsor) is a British citizen by descent and I'm South African.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't there a long standing glitch with paying for children's NHS charge, which gets sorted out during the application?
Old Jan 9th 2019, 12:56 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It’s because the system isn’t aware of you - if it was just the children and their father then they would be granted ILE and therefore be exempt from paying the IHS. You will be asked to pay for them at a later date.
Old Feb 4th 2019, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Hi All

I just thought I would update on here in case anyone reads this thread in the future. We were asked to pay. We submitted our application and received a request two working days later to pay the surcharge for each child within 7 days or the application would be cancelled.

It it is a long standing glitch and we just got a link to the original page with an amount now inserted to pay.