NHS coverage question for Leave to enter visa

Old Sep 2nd 2020, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

dj322 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NHS coverage question for Leave to enter visa

Hello all,

My spouse has the leave to enter the UK and was granted this in 2018. She moved to the UK in Jan 2019 and was living here until this summer 2020, but then had to return to Canada. She will be away for at least 3 months if not more. If she were to come back to the UK, would she still be covered by NHS coverage? She did pay the surcharge when she made her visa application so assuming this covers you for the whole period you are here? But then I know the NHS is a residency based system. Her visa expires summer next year.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 1:13 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NHS coverage question for Leave to enter visa

Originally Posted by dj322
Hello all,

My spouse has the leave to enter the UK and was granted this in 2018. She moved to the UK in Jan 2019 and was living here until this summer 2020, but then had to return to Canada. She will be away for at least 3 months if not more. If she were to come back to the UK, would she still be covered by NHS coverage? She did pay the surcharge when she made her visa application so assuming this covers you for the whole period you are here? But then I know the NHS is a residency based system. Her visa expires summer next year.
She's on the first spouse visa? In that case, yes her entitlement to NHS services remains the same for the duration of this visa.