Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

NHS charge still has not been refunded after 30 days, who to contact?

NHS charge still has not been refunded after 30 days, who to contact?

Old Mar 13th 2020, 7:31 am
Just Joined

Lond is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NHS charge still has not been refunded after 30 days, who to contact?

Hello all

Applied for a UK spouse visa, however the application had an error in it so we cancelled and reapplied, (before any biometrics appointment was done). The Visa fee's were refunded in two weeks or so, but the NHS charge still has not.

Is it 30 days from when you get a visa decision or 30 days on cancelling? If the latter, it has been more than 30 days.. Lost to who to actually contact to see what is happening..

Thanks
Old Mar 14th 2020, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Bekkiboo_969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NHS charge still has not been refunded after 30 days, who to contact?

How much from the NHS are you waiting for? To be honest with you with all the cases of coronavirus I wouldn't expect it returned soon as the NHS is dealing with a pandemic right now ... 😔
Old Mar 14th 2020, 4:09 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NHS charge still has not been refunded after 30 days, who to contact?

Originally Posted by Lond
Hello all

Applied for a UK spouse visa, however the application had an error in it so we cancelled and reapplied, (before any biometrics appointment was done). The Visa fee's were refunded in two weeks or so, but the NHS charge still has not.

Is it 30 days from when you get a visa decision or 30 days on cancelling? If the latter, it has been more than 30 days.. Lost to who to actually contact to see what is happening..

Thanks
Hi. It's not a NHS refund, it's an Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) refund. This link explains the process and who to contact if you haven't received your refund in 6 weeks https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigr...cation/refunds

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Mar 14th 2020 at 4:14 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2020, 4:16 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bekkiboo_969
How much from the NHS are you waiting for? To be honest with you with all the cases of coronavirus I wouldn't expect it returned soon as the NHS is dealing with a pandemic right now ... 😔
No involvement from the NHS regarding the IHS, as the latter is administered by UK Visas and Immigration. It's a common misconception though, because it's a health surcharge people automatically associate it with the NHS.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 11:11 am
Just Joined

Lond is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah yes, I am aware it's actually IHS, I just worded it poorly as my first thought was to keep it basic, apologies.

Based on the official UK website linked above it states:
You usually get your refund within 6 weeks of getting a decision on your visa application.
Originally Posted by Bekkiboo_969
Something like over £1000, also including the second application seems to be over charged, counting the weeks and cost I was meant to pay.

I guess I will wait a further few weeks.

Last edited by Lond; Mar 20th 2020 at 11:15 am.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Redsoxfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lond
Ah yes, I am aware it's actually IHS, I just worded it poorly as my first thought was to keep it basic, apologies.

Based on the official UK website linked above it states:

Something like over £1000, also including the second application seems to be over charged, counting the weeks and cost I was meant to pay.

I guess I will wait a further few weeks.
Hi. Did you get your refund? It’s been a month now I haven’t received mine. I had to cancel and reapply for visa, I didn’t get an email confirming refund is successful.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 9:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redsoxfan
Hi. Did you get your refund? It’s been a month now I haven’t received mine. I had to cancel and reapply for visa, I didn’t get an email confirming refund is successful.
The processing time for refunds is quoted as 6 weeks so you're still a way off that - and with Covid etc, there may be a bit of a backlog.

Old Oct 5th 2020, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Redsoxfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
The processing time for refunds is quoted as 6 weeks so you're still a way off that - and with Covid etc, there may be a bit of a backlog.
Thank you! It’s so misleading. They said 28 days once I receive an email refund has processed but I never did receive any email. Thank you again