Next steps after receiving confirmation email

Old Aug 11th 2018, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Mo1995 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Next steps after receiving confirmation email

Hi all,

Firstly if I posted in the wrong part please bare in mind I recently found this site and new, it has already been a huge help in terms of understanding the whole process.

So I received an email on the 3rd of August saying that they have received my application. What am I to expect next? Eg any letters, calls. I can’t help but refresh my emails every hour of everyday, even on the weekends lol. From what I have read on other post/forums on this site is that it literally take 10-12 weeks for a reply. From what my Solictor had said I thought it would take 1.5 to 2 months max. My application is non-priority btw, At the time of submitting I didn’t know about priority otherwise I would have paid for that.

So if you can help me outline what are the next steps for my application, it would be highly appreciated.

Last edited by Mo1995; Aug 11th 2018 at 5:11 pm. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old Aug 11th 2018, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Next steps after receiving confirmation email

Originally Posted by Mo1995
Hi all,

Firstly if I posted in the wrong part please bare in mind I recently found this site and new, it has already been a huge help in terms of understanding the whole process.

So I received an email on the 3rd of August saying that they have received my application. What am I to expect next? Eg any letters, calls. I can’t help but refresh my emails every hour of everyday, even on the weekends lol. From what I have read on other post/forums on this site is that it literally take 10-12 weeks for a reply. From what my Solictor had said I thought it would take 1.5 to 2 months max. My application is non-priority btw, At the time of submitting I didn’t know about priority otherwise I would have paid for that.

So if you can help me outline what are the next steps for my application, it would be highly appreciated.
Hi. Good luck on your wait.
It's very unprofessional for your solicitor not to inform you about the priority.
Maybe you don't have priority in country where you are applying from?

For now - it's just waiting for 12 weeks. No need to refresh your emails. If HO would need any extra documents I believe your solicitor will contact you anyways.

After being in this website for few weeks, I realised no need to get your hope up in regards to receiving answer anytime before week like 11. Now I just pray that it doesn't go beyond 12 weeks.
Old Aug 11th 2018, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nora_
It's very unprofessional for your solicitor not to inform you about the priority.

For now - it's just waiting for 12 weeks. No need to refresh your emails. If HO would need any extra documents I believe your solicitor will contact you anyways.

After being in this website for few weeks, I realised no need to get your hope up in regards to receiving answer anytime before week like 11. Now I just pray that it doesn't go beyond 12 weeks.

Hi Nora, thanks for replying. I have one more question if anyone is willing to help. If I were to go on holiday with my friends will this effect my application? In the sense that they might say why don’t I go to visit her instead
Originally Posted by Nora_

also forgot to mention I am applyong from the uk 🇬🇧

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 11th 2018 at 7:48 pm. Reason: Posts merged - there’s an edit button if you think of something you wish to add just after posting
Old Aug 11th 2018, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

"They have received my application." Who ? What are you talking about ? Your application to whom for what ?
Old Aug 11th 2018, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scot47
"They have received my application." Who ? What are you talking about ? Your application to whom for what ?
Sorry, you are right. I was not clear in my post. So I recieved an email from [email protected], they stated: Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer

I am applying for my wife whom lives in Bangladesh, for a spouse visa. I was confused about what to expect after this email. As some people have told me it can take 3 weeks or 6 weeks for them to reply. However looking at this site that looks unrealistic as most post I’ve seen average from 10-12 weeks which really has dampened my mood.
Old Aug 11th 2018, 8:13 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you’re in the UK, are you the applicant or the sponsor? Where is your wife?
Old Aug 11th 2018, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If you’re in the UK, are you the applicant or the sponsor? Where is your wife?
I’m in the UK and applaying for my wife, who lives in Bangladesh.
Old Aug 11th 2018, 9:22 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mo1995
I’m in the UK and applaying for my wife, who lives in Bangladesh.
So you’re not applying from the UK, your wife is applying from Bangladesh. You going on holiday won’t affect the decision making process in the slightest.