Next Step Help?

Old Feb 18th 2017, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

RH89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Next Step Help?

Hello All,

My wife originally came to the UK from Mexico on a Fiancé Visa, we have now been married in the UK and are looking at the next steps for the next visa. We currently fulfil all the requirements set out including the sponsor criteria and sharing a home etc..

We would be getting the visa via the premium one day service in Glasgow. At the moment we have the new evidence from marriage and all the previous documents from the finance visa application as well as knowing we need to pay the healthcare surcharge. (Updated bank statements and payslips etc..)

My questions are;

Is it the spouse visa we should be applying for or the LTR visa? We were a bit confused...

Does anyone know how long we will have to wait for an appointment at the one day service?

Is the new visa printed inside the passport or is it given on a BRC? My wife will require a new passport soon as she requires more than 6 months to travel through the UAE later this year, we weren't sure if the visa can be transferred to a new passport?

Any help or guidance would be most welcome, thanks in advance
Old Feb 18th 2017, 6:13 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next Step Help?

You should be applying for Further Leave to Remain using Form FLR(M).

Appointment slots will vary depending on how busy any given office is at the time you are lodging your application.

Your wife will be given a BRP.
Old Feb 18th 2017, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

RH89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You should be applying for Further Leave to Remain using Form FLR(M).

Appointment slots will vary depending on how busy any given office is at the time you are lodging your application.

Your wife will be given a BRP.
Ok many thanks for the reply, I assume the BRP is a standalone card and my wife getting a new passport after we have the visa won't matter?
Old Feb 18th 2017, 7:06 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RH89
Ok many thanks for the reply, I assume the BRP is a standalone card and my wife getting a new passport after we have the visa won't matter?
Correct.