Experiencing Sending Docs via Canada Post/Parcelforce

Old Aug 31st 2017, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Freshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond repute
Default Experiencing Sending Docs via Canada Post/Parcelforce

Hi All,

Another question for those who have completed a first application/renewal from Canada for their UK passport. I mailed my documents on Monday morning via Xpresspost International (with signature option) with an expected delivery date of 1st September, 2017. Currently Canada Post tracking says the following:

2017/08/29 10:57 MISSISSAUGA, ON International item being forwarded to destination country

When I check the tracking number on Parcelforce I also get a similar update

29/8/2017 10:57 Delivery Agent - TORONTO…+Delivery Agent - TORONTO
Despatched to the UK

Given that tomorrow is the 1st, it looks like it might be a bit behind or that it just hasn't been updated correctly ? I always get anxiety when shipping documents abroad and the thought of having to replace everything

I know I'm likely jumping the gun and being nervous for no reason, anyone else have experience dealing with Xpresspost/Parcelforce ?
Old Aug 31st 2017, 2:55 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Experiencing Sending Docs via Canada Post/Parcelforce

I would not use a mail service from overseas to send a passport application to the UK. It is commonly reported that the tracking record fails at the point of hand off from one national mail service to another.

I would always recommend an international courier service such as UPS or FedEx, which has seamless end-to-end tracking. Sure, most mail gets delivered, eventually, but I consider the extra cost of using a courier to be a small price to pay for peace of mind.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Freshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I'm quite worried, I could have used a courier for an extra $40 but considering it already cost $70 I let my cheapness get the best of me
Old Aug 31st 2017, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

haldane86 is an unknown quantity at this point

When we sent our children's passport applications from Canada to the UK via Canada Post there were no updates after it had been processed at a main sort office in the UK. We paid for the signature option and it was never signed for and status never changed to delivered. Only found out the applications had actually made it there when they sent the supporting docs back followed by passports 3 days later. Whole process took just over 3 weeks for us.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

aidy is an unknown quantity at this point

check the tracking on royal mail tracking it maybe easier for the updates
Old Aug 31st 2017, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by aidy
check the tracking on royal mail tracking it maybe easier for the updates
My Parcelforce tracking number was just updated now, its apparently sitting in the mail processing centre in Coventry with an "incomplete address" even though I clearly wrote the full address as listed on the guidance page.

"Her Majesty's Passport Office (ONL - OVS) Freeman's Reach, Durham, DH1 1SL"

Of course tracking was updated ten minutes after the office closed, so I'm chomping at the bit to get in touch with them first thing in the morning.

Situational anxiety + bureaucracy + bad choice of shipping company = massive hair loss !
Old Sep 1st 2017, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by haldane86
When we sent our children's passport applications from Canada to the UK via Canada Post there were no updates after it had been processed at a main sort office in the UK. We paid for the signature option and it was never signed for and status never changed to delivered. Only found out the applications had actually made it there when they sent the supporting docs back followed by passports 3 days later. Whole process took just over 3 weeks for us.
Good to hear that you received everything without issue - though I'd imagine the tracking process was rather nerve-racking.

I managed to get a hold of Parcelforce at 8:00am GMT today and they sent a memo to the international hub to ensure my address was complete. Apparently there was something causing the postcode to be obscured. Several hours later, my tracking is updated and appears to be back on track .

But I'll definitely be following Pulaski's lead in the future by never trusting Canada Post to handle my docs again.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 10:16 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Freshwhyte
.... But I'll definitely be following Pulaski's lead in the future by never trusting Canada Post to handle my docs again. .....
You're welcome, glad to have been of assistance.

BTW At least be glad you don't live in Australia.
Old Sep 8th 2017, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You're welcome, glad to have been of assistance.

BTW At least be glad you don't live in Australia.
That's absolutely brutal !

Also, for anyone who is interested in the timeline of my application. I mailed my documents on 28 August 2017 via Canada Post Xpresspost Pre-Paid. Documents were received by HMPO on Monday (4th of September) and status was updated to "declaration form received, processing" on Tuesday. Status was just updated to dispatched today. Absolutely thrilled with the turnaround time all things considered.