New job

Old Apr 10th 2020, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Ayeshazah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New job

Hi, I have been teaching since November and was hoping to apply for my spouse visa for my husband to come to the UK in May as that is 6 months of work...however I’m unable to do so at the minute due to closures. I am worried as my job ends in July and I will be starting my new teaching role in September. So would this mean that I have to start my 6 months of work again in September or is there another way around this? This will only be a problem if I’m unable to submit my application before the end of my current role. I hope you can help
Old Apr 10th 2020, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New job

So you are a supply teacher on a short term contract and you are not being paid during the closures?

Are you starting a permanent job in September?

Old Apr 10th 2020, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

I’m in long term supply November-July and I’m still being paid my normal £550 a week and I’m starting my permanent position in September. I was hoping to get everything submitted by May but if this isn’t possible due to not being able to get some things that I require (husbands Tb test/passport) I’ll have to wait till September when I start my new job, then would my 6 months of work start again?
is it still possible for me to apply in May even though application centres are closed?
Old Apr 10th 2020, 10:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

As you are continuing to be paid, if you have all the documentation and financial proof you need for an application you can apply in May and just work through whatever process for applications is in place at the time.

If you can't apply in May why can't you try to obtain whatever documentation you lack and apply in June or July? As long as you are in employment at time of application you will be OK.

Are you continuing at same school in September?
Old Apr 10th 2020, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

Yeah I could also apply in June or July but it just depends on when everything reopens, if before July I will be fine but if not then it becomes complicated for me. Yes I’ll be at the same school however I’m currently employed by my supply agency and I’m September I’ll be employed by the local authority so it’s like a change of job! Can I also ask, when applying online do I need to send the hard copies of documents or is everything just done through scanned copies?
Old Apr 10th 2020, 11:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Scanned and uploaded these days
Old Apr 10th 2020, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

Would my documents need to be stamped by a solicitor Or anyone before scanning?
Old Apr 10th 2020, 11:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No....
Old Apr 11th 2020, 10:53 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your help! When working out my yearly income, because I don’t get paid for school holidays do I use 39 (working weeks) as my year? Or would it still be 52 working weeks as I get paid weekly so I wouldn’t have pay slips for my holidays.
weekly pay £550 before tax
550x39= 21,450
550x52= 28600
Old Apr 12th 2020, 5:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Must admit have never understood this 'only get paid for 10 months' issue with school teachers.

If you only get 39 payslips then you can only show you earn 21,450 GBP per annum.

You need to show that in the previous 6 months you have earned 9,300 GBP, the equivalent of 18,600 GBP annually. Present however many payslips you have to show that.

Personally I would send an explanatory letter regarding not getting payslips for holiday periods.

Old Apr 12th 2020, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

I’ve also created a table which shows the weeks I’ve worked including unpaid holidays. But even without paid holidays I get 14,300GBP which is fine. Have you ever known it do be a problem? I’ll only be able to show 21 payslips/26 due to 5 weeks of holidays Over the 6 months. If the letter explains this should it be okay?
Old Apr 12th 2020, 5:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Probably.... maybe other teachers on this forum can provide info regarding how many payslips ......

If over 6 months you have earned 14,300 then does this not show you earn annually 28,600 ? ie. you earn 28,600 per annum and are paid this amount over 10 months?

How many payslips do you have to cover the 6 month period?
Old Apr 12th 2020, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If you only get 21 payslips over a 6 month period at 550 per payslip, that comes to 11,550 GBP .

So how come you say you have earned 14,300 GBP?
Old Apr 13th 2020, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Sorry that’s correct it would be 11550 over 6 months (21 paid weeks). I’d like to apply using the priority service but it isn’t available at the moment
Old Apr 14th 2020, 1:28 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Your husband can still apply online for his spouse visa. He just cannot attend his biometrics appointment until the VACs reopen. If you meet the financial, accommodation and relationship requirements at the time of application then your husband's visa should still be granted even if your circumstances have changed between the date of application and the date of issue.