Wikiposts

New Here! And have some questions if that's ok?

Old Jan 23rd 2018, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

MaddiGibbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Here! And have some questions if that's ok?

Hi everyone,
I'm Maddi (British) and my husband is Justin (American) and we have a little boy (17 mos) together. We live in the USA but due to circumstances, we want to go to the UK.

Now, we are having a real hard time finding even an attorney/solicitor who will speak to us as we really don't have the money for one..

Question:
---How maybe people here actually used a solicitor in their spouse's application?----

I would feel better hiring one but adding the cost of flights, of the visa + NHS fee and postal services for documents etc and it's easily in the thousands... money we don't really have

There is just so much to think about....

Thanks in advance!! <3

Old Jan 23rd 2018, 3:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Here! And have some questions if that's ok?

Originally Posted by MaddiGibbs
Hi everyone,
I'm Maddi (British) and my husband is Justin (American) and we have a little boy (17 mos) together. We live in the USA but due to circumstances, we want to go to the UK.

Now, we are having a real hard time finding even an attorney/solicitor who will speak to us as we really don't have the money for one..

Question:
---How maybe people here actually used a solicitor in their spouse's application?----

I would feel better hiring one but adding the cost of flights, of the visa + NHS fee and postal services for documents etc and it's easily in the thousands... money we don't really have

There is just so much to think about....

Thanks in advance!! <3

If its a straightforward spouse visa I don't think many people use legal assistance for it. Lots of the guys on here are really up on the rules for UK spouse visas and can help you out.
Is your little one a dual citizen (US & UK)?
Old Jan 24th 2018, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

MaddiGibbs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If its a straightforward spouse visa I don't think many people use legal assistance for it. Lots of the guys on here are really up on the rules for UK spouse visas and can help you out.
Is your little one a dual citizen (US & UK)?
I guess it is straightforward, we have clean criminal records and I'm here legally in the USA. I believe my little one is a dual citizen - he was born in USA but I'm British by birth so I can pass that onto him.
Old Jan 24th 2018, 2:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MaddiGibbs
I guess it is straightforward, we have clean criminal records and I'm here legally in the USA. I believe my little one is a dual citizen - he was born in USA but I'm British by birth so I can pass that onto him.
Are you able to qualify under the financial requirements.?

You, the British citizen would need to sponsor your American husband.