Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

New British Passport for returning US/UK based in Florida

New British Passport for returning US/UK based in Florida

Old Sep 12th 2020, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

hecklermp5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New British Passport for returning US/UK based in Florida

Hello, I’m looking for a little clarity on reacquiring A British passport. I was born in the U.K. in 1968, And followed my parents when they moved to the USA. I have just relinquished my US security clearance As I have retired. I had to hand in (to U.K. embassy Washington in 1997) my old style blue passport. I’m now free to pursue getting my Brit passport back and get a crispy new red style one with the built in Biometric data chip.

1. I have now been officially granted my citizenship back, going to the U.K. consulate in Miami. I have a citizenship certificate.. all I need to know now is the particulars of which form to file with my application for a new passport, the passport fees and my US passport.. presumably they’ll return my US one when sending the new UK one.

can anyone point me In the right direction on the Info above? Just want to make sure it# all correct - Especially with valuable documents such as these.

Cheers, Steve
Old Sep 13th 2020, 11:27 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New British Passport for returning US/UK based in Florida

Wow, that took a while. Glad to hear you did get it back. I'm guessing it was Section 13(3)?

Start here: https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

You don't need to submit your US passport; a colour photocopy will suffice.

(FYI the burgundy passports are no more - they're blue again now.)