New application for a spouse visa

Old Jun 11th 2018, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

koptalk19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New application for a spouse visa

Hello there

My sister is about to get married in pakistan. I am here to day to ask what needs to be done and when. I myself have been through the process in 2012 but have been told it is very different now.

What application forms does my sister need?
When does she need to apply ?

Lets say she gets wed on on july the 1st what do we do ? speaking to solicitors over the phone is useless. i asked for a basic id of the process and they start qouting prices at me.

In my case the language requirement changed halfway through our initial spouse visa meaning my wife had todo a whole lot of new tests ie A1 in the first visa and then b1 + life in the uk in the second visa flr(m). she will be applying for ILR in september.
Old Jun 11th 2018, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

koptalk19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New application for a spouse visa

Having consulted google i ended up here. The reason i posted on here was to get away from the conflicting advice i was getting on google. I, like others on here are that stressed we cant think straight. The fact that the rules keep changing every 5 mins dont help either. So any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 11th 2018, 6:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New application for a spouse visa

If your sister is the sponsor then her new husband would have to apply for a settlement visa and she would have to show financial, accommodation and relationship requirements. Also he might have to show language and other requirements depending on where he is coming from:

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

Financial requirements are below

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ment_Final.pdf

They can apply up to 6 months before the time they wish to travel to UK. Paying for priority service means a shorter processing time.