Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Nessamaky's question about barcode for passport application

Nessamaky's question about barcode for passport application

Old Nov 30th 2019, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

Nessamaky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nessamaky's question about barcode for passport application

Hi good morning, I sent my documents to the passport office in uk and I can't find the application barcode on my form
please help.
Old Dec 1st 2019, 1:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizen by descent Passport Application from Nigeria

Originally Posted by Nessamaky
Hi good morning, I sent my documents to the passport office in uk and I can't find the application barcode on my form
please help.
???? What are you applying for? Applications are done online in most cases and your application reference is given to you when you hit submit......
Old Dec 1st 2019, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Applying for a British passport, my mom is a British citizen
I don't apply online... Sent my application to Durham
Old Dec 1st 2019, 9:55 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Applying for a British passport, my mom is a British citizen
I don't apply online... Sent my application to Durham
Did you complete an online application form before you posted your supporting documents?
Old Dec 1st 2019, 10:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nessamaky's question about barcode for passport application

Hi, welcome to BE. I've moved your posts in to a thread of your own, as you'd posted on a thread that's nearly a year old and doesn't seem to be related to your situation, so your questions may well be missed.

Good luck.
Old Dec 1st 2019, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

No I didn't, I just filled the application forms and sent them

Last edited by Nessamaky; Dec 1st 2019 at 10:05 am.
Old Dec 1st 2019, 10:16 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

No I didn't, I just filled the application forms and sent them
Which application forms? The paper form for overseas applications was phased out years ago.
Old Dec 1st 2019, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Did you complete an online application form before you posted your supporting documents?
Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, welcome to BE. I've moved your posts in to a thread of your own, as you'd posted on a thread that's nearly a year old and doesn't seem to be related to your situation, so your questions may well be missed.

Good luck.
Thank you
Old Dec 1st 2019, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If you applied from within the UK, you can go to the Post office and pick up the application forms.

If this is what you did, then there is not a reference number on the application form itself. This will be sent to you I suppose during the processing of the application.
Old Dec 1st 2019, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
If you applied from within the UK, you can go to the Post office and pick up the application forms.

If this is what you did, then there is not a reference number on the application form itself. This will be sent to you I suppose during the processing of the application.
Hi, I'm in Nigeria.... I printed out the application form and sent it with supporting documents
Old Dec 1st 2019, 4:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The process is:

- complete the ONLINE application form
- when the form is complete, hit the submit button
- you then get a confirmation with your reference number on it.
- further to the confirmation you then get an e-mail asking you to send in your documents

You don't have a reference number (if that is what you are asking about) as you did not apply online.

If you sent your documents to the correct address in Durham then the HO is likely to send them back to you asking you to apply online.
Old Dec 1st 2019, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

The process is:

- complete the ONLINE application form
- when the form is complete, hit the submit button
- you then get a confirmation with your reference number on it.
- further to the confirmation you then get an e-mail asking you to send in your documents

You don't have a reference number (if that is what you are asking about) as you did not apply online.

If you sent your documents to the correct address in Durham then the HO is likely to send them back to you asking you to apply online.
Wow, so is there anything I can do now
Old Dec 1st 2019, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wow, so is there anything I can do now

No..... you'll have to wait until the HO gets in touch with you.

What personal documents did you send?

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Dec 1st 2019 at 5:25 pm.
Old Dec 1st 2019, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

No..... you'll have to wait until the HO gets in touch with you.
What personal documents did you send?

Oh ok
My mom's passport, her birth certificate, my passport, my birth certificate, my dad's passport and birthday certificate
Old Dec 1st 2019, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh ok
My mom's passport, her birth certificate, my passport, my birth certificate, my dad's passport and birthday certificate
How do you qualify for British citizenship?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.