British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Need urgent help with visa please (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/need-urgent-help-visa-please-916883/)

dariarovell Sep 3rd 2018 6:51 pm

Need urgent help with visa please

Hello everyone,
I had submitted a UK spouse visa back in June and last week I'd received an email from visainfo.shefo saying "we are unable to conclude the application at this time as we require additional information. Please provide: a letter from your sponsors employer confirming current employment etc."
Since then my husband had been trying to get the letter but at his work there's only one HR manager and she's extremly hard to get in touch with, so he's been going knocking on her office door every day for the past week with no answer and we just found out she's now off on holiday. Tomorrow and day after are the last days left for me to scan the letter over to visa officer and we don't know what to do, I've never been more stressed in my life.
Please help me, any ideas of what we should do would be highly appreciated!
Only thing i can think of is a cover letter from us explaining the situation, would it work? would also have to ring the visa office and ask/explain? Or maybe they would give us more time if we asked?
Thank you so much for any help in advance

West_Midlands Sep 3rd 2018 6:59 pm

Re: Need urgent help with visa please

Get your husband to ask his line manager for the letter. The line manager can confirm his employment status and salary and print the letter on a company letter headed paper.

az2014 Sep 3rd 2018 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by dariarovell (Post 12558137)
Only thing i can think of is a cover letter from us explaining the situation, would it work? would also have to ring the visa office and ask/explain? Or maybe they would give us more time if we asked?

Highly doubt it.

Its very odd that this HR person doesnt check her emails, answer her phone at work, doesnt answer when someone comes to the office, doesnt answer her mobile phone... almost as if they don't even exist.

Not sure how you can even expect the ECO to believe that your husband can't get hold of them.

You are lucky they requested more information in the first place, you should have been denied for not providing all the required evidence.

SanDiegogirl Sep 3rd 2018 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by dariarovell (Post 12558137)
Hello everyone,
I

The authorities want a letter from your employer .... your explanations would mean nothing.

spinrs2k Sep 3rd 2018 11:25 pm

There must be someone available at his work place to write a letter of employment for him, his line manager as suggests or someone else.

BritInParis Sep 4th 2018 12:01 am

You’re very lucky your ECO has made such a request rather than just refuse the application outright. Your husband will need to get the requested letter out of whoever is covering for the HR manager whilst she is away.