Need help with spouse visa

Old Sep 12th 2018, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

ronaldo1313 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need help with spouse visa

This is my first post, so please be gentle...

I lived in the UK for 14 years as an overstayer, the last year decided to temporarily move back to my country for medical treatment. Now when tried to go back to i was refused entry because of previous immigration history, was banned for 2 years from returning to the country and so decided to make an application for a spouse visa as my partner and children live legally in the UK. She needs to meet the financial requirements to sponsor me. My question is: If i can provide the Home office with an sponsor ie.: my mother, for the savings bit, does the money have to be in an UK account or can it stay where it is now( overseas account)?
Old Sep 12th 2018, 3:34 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help with spouse visa

The money can be held in any recognised financial institution, whether in the UK or abroad, but it needs to be under your or your sponsor’s control. Your mother can just provide her bank statements. She could gift you the money but it would need to be in your bank account for at least six months.
Old Sep 12th 2018, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The money can be held in any recognised financial institution, whether in the UK or abroad, but it needs to be under your or your sponsor’s control. Your mother can just provide her bank statements. She could gift you the money but it would need to be in your bank account for at least six months.
Thanks,

what if we decide to go the earnings path instead, my partner is self employed and can prove the minimum amount, does she need to show the money for the last fiscal year only in April 2019?
Old Sep 13th 2018, 3:06 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

That would depend on the type of self-employment. Have you read the relevant sections of Appendix FM 1.7?

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ment_Final.pdf
Old Sep 13th 2018, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

That would depend on the type of self-employment. Have you read the relevant sections of Appendix FM 1.7?
She is a sole trader.
Old Sep 19th 2018, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by ronaldo1313
She is a sole trader.
She'll need to show documents relating to the last full financial year. It's all listed in Appendix FM 1.7; she'll need to provide a lot of documentation so it's important to read it through carefully so she understands what to provide.
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

She'll need to show documents relating to the last full financial year. It's all listed in Appendix FM 1.7; she'll need to provide a lot of documentation so it's important to read it through carefully so she understands what to provide.
It is a good read, yes i can understand things clearly now, thank you for the help.