Naturalisation Questions

Old Mar 4th 2014, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

pimpmycode is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Naturalisation Questions

Hi,

I have a two naturalisation questions i was hoping someone knows the answer to. My wife will apply for naturalisation in Jan 2015 as the spouse of a BC.
How strict are UKBA with the 90 day rule? I may have to work outside the UK for a few months this year and wonder what would happen if my wife visits me for more than 90 days?

Also do i need to provide my wife with my work contract when she applies for naturalisation as i had to for ILR and the spouse visa before that or is naturalisation no longer based on me as the BC spouse?

Any info is appreciated.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Naturalisation Questions

Originally Posted by pimpmycode
Also do i need to provide my wife with my work contract when she applies for naturalisation as i had to for ILR and the spouse visa before that or is naturalisation no longer based on me as the BC spouse?
No need to provide your work contract. The only thing regarding naturalisation based on being married to a British citizen is to do with residency requirements (3 years instead of 5 - allowable absences accordingly reduced) and minimum period of ILR (i.e. none instead of 1 year).
Old Mar 4th 2014, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

pimpmycode is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
No need to provide your work contract. The only thing regarding naturalisation based on being married to a British citizen is to do with residency requirements (3 years instead of 5 - allowable absences accordingly reduced) and minimum period of ILR (i.e. none instead of 1 year).
Thanks for the quick reply roaringmouse. Any view on how sticky they are with the 90 day rule? Then again i guess its the last mile and not worth risking it.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 12:32 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

There are strict on the residency requirements. Special dispensation may be given in exceptional circumstances but these are are unlikely to apply to you. Unlike most other countries the UK doesn't yet have a reliable system to check when you are and are not in the country but I wouldn't risk it to be honest. Your wife can still visit you but just keep it under 90 days.