Naturalisation eligibility start date clarification

Old Aug 4th 2016, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

haiksuresh is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Naturalisation eligibility start date clarification

I would like to request British Nationality (Naturalisation) information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. If a person's ILR was granted on 12th Aug 2015[Wednesday] And met all other requirements.

1) At earliest When can he can able to apply for Naturalisation ? I mean give us exact date When his 1 year will get completed and when he was eligible to apply for Naturalisation ?

2) As per the Guidelines He need to apply after 1 year. Means he can submit his application on 11th Aug 2016 [Thursday] via NCS ? or he need to apply on 12th Aug 2016 [Friday] ?

3) If he was applying by POST, at earliest when should his application reach home office i.e 11th Aug 2016 [Thursday] or his application should reach HomeOffice by 12th Aug 2016 [Friday] ?

Thanks,
suresh
Old Aug 4th 2016, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Naturalisation eligibility start date clarification

Originally Posted by haiksuresh
I would like to request British Nationality (Naturalisation) information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. If a person's ILR was granted on 12th Aug 2015[Wednesday] And met all other requirements.

1) At earliest When can he can able to apply for Naturalisation ? I mean give us exact date When his 1 year will get completed and when he was eligible to apply for Naturalisation ?

2) As per the Guidelines He need to apply after 1 year. Means he can submit his application on 11th Aug 2016 [Thursday] via NCS ? or he need to apply on 12th Aug 2016 [Friday] ?

3) If he was applying by POST, at earliest when should his application reach home office i.e 11th Aug 2016 [Thursday] or his application should reach HomeOffice by 12th Aug 2016 [Friday] ?

Thanks,
suresh
Are you addressing your queries to the Home Office or this forum? Freedom of Information has nothing to do with your query. What you need is to go and get legal advice on the matter outlined above.

Is there any reason why the applicant cannot apply for his naturalisation after the 1 year mark - like 13 August 2016? If you apply by post, you can always send the application form away on Saturday 13 August 2016. For NCS, you can make an appointment on Monday 15 August 2016. I cannot see any harm in applying a day or two after the 1 year mark.
Old Aug 4th 2016, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

haiksuresh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Naturalisation eligibility start date clarification

Hi Mate,
I was posted the question in freedom of information act forum, copy paste error. As per the HomeOffice guidance I can apply any time after completing 1 year. But what i am not clear was, how HomeOffice calculate the date. Why i was keen on the date was, Applicant was in country on 11th Aug 2011 and back after 3 months. As per the above time lines, If the applicant able to apply on 11th Aug 2015 should be fine. Otherwise he need to wait for 3 months to apply. So need experts advise on this scenario

Regards,
suresh