Naturalisation - 10 yr employment history

Old Dec 6th 2018, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

bookerw100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Naturalisation - 10 yr employment history

Hi I am applying for naturalisation and there is one question about employment history for past 10 years.

Now it is pretty easy to write the last 6 years or so as I have been on Tier 2.

However, prior to that I was at university for 4 years and did various temp jobs- never exceeded the limit of 20 hours during term time. Also did longer hours during summer break.

Now I don't really remember what the different jobs were as it was very random but I was employed by this agency , I think uni-temps, on campus.

I have put a request into Subject Access Request (SAR) but not sure when they will respond and if they will send me what I need for the application.

Do you think if I just say "University of Surrey" as employer and cover all of the 2008-12 - will it be okay? However I don't want them to think that I was working continuously as it doesn't really give you an option to explain in the online form apart from title.

Any opinions appreciated.
Old Dec 6th 2018, 1:48 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Naturalisation - 10 yr employment history

You can give HMRC a ring and ask them to send you your employment history. That should list all the employers and periods you have worked based on your tax/NI contributions.
Old Dec 6th 2018, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Over the phone they only give up to 5 year history.

I have requested the SAR, lets see what they come back with and when...
Old Dec 6th 2018, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Here is another question please:

There is a question in the online application form:

Non-applying dependents: Do you have any dependents not applying with you at this time?

Is my spouse who is a non EU national on a UK spouse visa count as dependent? She is over 21.
Old Dec 6th 2018, 5:04 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The SAR should give you what you need. I don’t think it really matters - if you worked through the temp agency the entire time then you could just put them as your employer during that period.

Your spouse isn’t a dependent.
Old Dec 7th 2018, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Your spouse isn’t a dependent.
thanks. How confident are you about this, as on another forum, I was advised that the spouse is a dependent. I think they are not but gotten a bit confused now.
Old Dec 7th 2018, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by bookerw100
thanks. How confident are you about this, as on another forum, I was advised that the spouse is a dependent. I think they are not but gotten a bit confused now.
Just complete the paper form then. No mention of dependents
Old Dec 10th 2018, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

If one uses the paper from, one has to use the postal application right?

and after the 31st December when NCS shuts, one will have to send their passport with the postal application unlike NCS which returns your travel document - is that correct?

Last edited by bookerw100; Dec 10th 2018 at 11:38 am.
Old Dec 11th 2018, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

In the online form it asks about 2 referee declarations. I have given the details as per questions asked within the online form, do I have to also provide separate letters signed from them in addition to this?
Old Aug 10th 2019, 4:53 pm

If one uses the paper from, one has to use the postal application right?

and after the 31st December when NCS shuts, one will have to send their passport with the postal application unlike NCS which returns your travel document - is that correct?
You’ll apply via the new third party service provider, Sopra Steria, who will perform a similar service.

Hi

In the online form it asks about 2 referee declarations. I have given the details as per questions asked within the online form, do I have to also provide separate letters signed from them in addition to this?
Their details on the form should suffice.
Old Aug 10th 2019, 6:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I think the OP has got his passport now BiP according to his other posts - this thread is from last year!
Old Aug 10th 2019, 6:41 pm

I have a very long list of open tabs I’ve been meaning to respond to!
Old Aug 10th 2019, 8:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I have a very long list of open tabs I’ve been meaning to respond to!