British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Nationwide Bank statements - stamped? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/nationwide-bank-statements-stamped-916523/)

arnieg123 Aug 26th 2018 1:51 pm

Nationwide Bank statements - stamped?

Hi everyone,

My wife has her main account in the UK with Nationwide Bank and being a building society, they said they cannot sign or stamp the official bank statements.

Will the official bank statements from the bank with their header be enough for showing that we meet the financial requirement? Is there any other way to have them stamped, signed or attested?

Thanks,
Arnie

BritInParis Aug 26th 2018 7:46 pm

Re: Nationwide Bank statements - stamped?

Nationwide is a building society rather than a bank but that doesn’t stop it from stamping its own statements. The statements only need to be stamped if you printed them in branch or from the internet.

johannalouise Aug 28th 2018 11:51 am

Are you able to try a different branch?
I had my statements printed in branch by Nationwide & they stamped & signed them without any hassle at all. (Whereas I've had issues with basically every other bank!)

BritInParis Aug 28th 2018 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by johannalouise (Post 12555476)
Are you able to try a different branch?
I had my statements printed in branch by Nationwide & they stamped & signed them without any hassle at all. (Whereas I've had issues with basically every other bank!)

That's also been my experience.

arnieg123 Aug 30th 2018 5:19 pm

Thanks for the responses!

Quick question tho.. was that done recently or a long time ago?

My wife said that the bank said they used to do that but dont do it anymore... will ask her to check with other branches too.

Cheers!

BritInParis Aug 31st 2018 1:23 am

Originally Posted by arnieg123 (Post 12556631)
Thanks for the responses!

Quick question tho.. was that done recently or a long time ago?

My wife said that the bank said they used to do that but dont do it anymore... will ask her to check with other branches too.

Cheers!

A while ago for me.

johannalouise Aug 31st 2018 1:22 pm

The last time for visa purposes was in 2017 but I went into Nationwide just this month to ask them to print off a savings account statement for me (because the online savings account statement didn't even show my name or address on it!) & because it was for mortgage purposes I said it needs to look more official than this & so they printed it & added my name & address and they also stamped with branch number and signed it.