British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   my vignette dates and my children are different with no overlap (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/my-vignette-dates-my-children-different-no-overlap-934634/)

Jac2020 Sep 4th 2020 1:15 am

my vignette dates and my children are different with no overlap

Hi

I think I must have been a victim of the covid-19 chaos.

My 90 day vignette expires on 22Oct, my children ones starts at Nov16th :ohmy:

Anyone has faced the situation before?

Our visa expired on
Apr2023
Aug2023

So seems we have to go to UK and reapply Leave to Remain separately ? :confused:

Can I ask them to change the dates to be the same?

christmasoompa Sep 4th 2020 6:21 am

Re: my vignette dates and my children are different with no overlap

You don’t have to go separately, you can just all go together after 16th Nov.

HTH.

BritInParis Sep 4th 2020 10:05 pm

Seems odd that their start dates are so far in advance. Were they added to your spouse visa application as dependants? Are their vignettes 90 days as well?

Jac2020 Sep 5th 2020 1:52 am

I just checked,
On the children application forms, their is a field called "Enter any Home Office reference numbers" under parents section and I have put my GWF reference.
On my application forms, "How many additional children are they sponsoring?", I have put 2 and the finance requirement is calculated for that.
On the cover letter and appendix2 form we uploaded to each application there are all 3 GWF references, their names as well. Is that considered linked?

We did the bio together. No further info was requested after application so not sure why. The decision date on letter is more than a month apart. After I got my passport and sent an inquiry for my children applications, after a few weeks, it got escalated to Sheffields. After that the decision is made, and I got the passport ready for collection email.

yes, all 90 days vignette

So I guess this is abnormal ?

I want to sync the dates of vignette and visa. Wonder how can I do that?

Jac2020 Sep 5th 2020 2:12 am

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12905548)
You don’t have to go separately, you can just all go together after 16th Nov.

HTH.

On my expired vignette? And I can't meet the 2.5 + 2.5 ILR requirement

Or sort it out in uk ?

christmasoompa Sep 5th 2020 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Jac2020 (Post 12905968)
On my expired vignette? And I can't meet the 2.5 + 2.5 ILR requirement

Or sort it out in uk ?

So sorry, I read your post wrong - thought yours started on 22 Oct, not expired! Doh. I’ll get my coat. :lol:

Jac2020 Nov 14th 2020 1:17 am

Hello

Good updates
I want to thank you everyone for the help in this journey. A week after I posted the message, I got a call from VAC asking me to resubmit my passport for corrections.

I resubmitted a couple of weeks ago and I have just got back my passport. The decision letter, vignette and visa dates are the same for all of us now.
:thumbsup:

Need to sort out the move then, likely need a vignette transfer to change the vignette date as things are very slow at the moment but at least we got the approvals!

Thank you all! Good luck and hang in there for those anxiously waiting!
Jac

BritInParis Nov 15th 2020 11:43 pm

Glad you got it sorted! :goodpost: