My Father British protected passport

Old Jul 5th 2003, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

Ragda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My Father British protected passport

I would like to enquire if my father can pass me his British passport
my father is born is Sierra leone ( west africa) a previous British colony he was born on 1946 and he was acquired a british protected passport for this reason
i am his daughter born in Lebanon on 8 april 1981
can i get a british pasport through my father
pls take note that my father was having his passport since 1980 mean that when i was born he was having his british protected passport
kindly waiting your reply
Old Jul 6th 2003, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

bromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to behold

I'm not exactly sure of the correct answer to your question I did however work with a lady from Sierra Leone in London who was born there and had come to England with her parents.
You should probably contact the British emabssy or consulate where you are. Maybe you can apply for a British passport in your own right based on the fact that your father carries a British passport? I do know that many people have come over to England from former colonies and commonwealth countries because they are entitled to British passports.
Hope this helps.
Old Jul 6th 2003, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

baloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My Father British protected passport

Originally posted by Ragda
I would like to enquire if my father can pass me his British passport
my father is born is Sierra leone ( west africa) a previous British colony he was born on 1946 and he was acquired a british protected passport for this reason
i am his daughter born in Lebanon on 8 april 1981
can i get a british pasport through my father
pls take note that my father was having his passport since 1980 mean that when i was born he was having his british protected passport
kindly waiting your reply
You will need to determine if your father was a British Citizen by descent, or otherwise than by descent. Unfortunately British Citizens by descent cannot pass on British Citizenship to their children if they are born outside of the UK.

Have a look here for more info :
www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/default.asp?PageId=148

You're probably best off contacting the Home Office, or local British Embassy, directly for advice
Old Jul 13th 2003, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Ragda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My Father British protected passport

Originally posted by baloo
You will need to determine if your father was a British Citizen by descent, or otherwise than by descent. Unfortunately British Citizens by descent cannot pass on British Citizenship to their children if they are born outside of the UK.

Have a look here for more info :
www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/default.asp?PageId=148

You're probably best off contacting the Home Office, or local British Embassy, directly for advice