My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Old May 14th 2018, 8:14 am
Just Joined

Scratchatlast is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
There are probably Facebook groups covering the SS route in those countries, or try the expat Facebook groups or the BE forums for those countries.

And an EEA Family Permit helps prove your partner/spouse's continued rights for up to 6 months once you're back in the UK.
Hello I am currently helping my daughter UK citizen and Tunisian husband apply for UK residence card under EEA Regs. They have been married for 4 years and resided in Italy both with registration certificate and article 10 residence card.

Entered UK at Stanstead and husband paasport stamped with EEA regs 2016 no time limit or expiry. He is now working full time with NINO and bank account. my daughters bank account in Italy only had internet statements how do i get these verified with a bank stamp?
Old Jul 27th 2018, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

alex98uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know processing times recently to acquire an EEA2 BRP via SS?

We apploed right at the start of april and the last thing we received was a work permitted CoA. My wife's FP is now expired, so we're still waiting for the final EEA2 decision.

I know it can take "up to" 6 months, but perhaps someone knows a rough length of time?
Old Jul 28th 2018, 11:54 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alex98uk
Anyone know processing times recently to acquire an EEA2 BRP via SS?

We apploed right at the start of april and the last thing we received was a work permitted CoA. My wife's FP is now expired, so we're still waiting for the final EEA2 decision.

I know it can take "up to" 6 months, but perhaps someone knows a rough length of time?
Six months is the legal maximum under EU law. Anecdotally it’s usually three to four months but it will vary depending on workflow.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

alex98uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Six months is the legal maximum under EU law. Anecdotally it’s usually three to four months but it will vary depending on workflow.
Thanks, i thought that it may be longer due to the relatively more complex route to EEA2.

I also assume many staff were on holiday.

Thabks for answering!
Old Aug 2nd 2018, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

Darthanakin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ladies and gents, I am originally from England, married my US wife and had to stay in the US due to the financial requirements set by the UK.
I live with my wife, 2 kids and her parents, my dad is back in England which I feel guilty about all the time.
We are considering moving to Ireland maybe try the Surinder Singh route to get back to england but Ireland would be close enough for my liking.

So my question to you guys is.. my wife wants to take her parents otherwise she won't move, we all live in the same apartment in the US, my wife and I basically pay all the bills, her dad is retired 68 and her mom is disabled so they have a very low income and without myself and wife's support they wouldn't manage by themselves.
Would they be able to come with us as household members and would we have to prove financial support?

We have bank statements of cash withdrawals from our bank accounts into theirs, cell phone bills in all our names that I pay, car insurance in all our names which my wife pays and all our names on the lease of the apartment.
Advance thanks for reading and possibly answering this for me
Old Aug 4th 2018, 11:33 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Darthanakin
Hi ladies and gents, I am originally from England, married my US wife and had to stay in the US due to the financial requirements set by the UK.
I live with my wife, 2 kids and her parents, my dad is back in England which I feel guilty about all the time.
We are considering moving to Ireland maybe try the Surinder Singh route to get back to england but Ireland would be close enough for my liking.

So my question to you guys is.. my wife wants to take her parents otherwise she won't move, we all live in the same apartment in the US, my wife and I basically pay all the bills, her dad is retired 68 and her mom is disabled so they have a very low income and without myself and wife's support they wouldn't manage by themselves.
Would they be able to come with us as household members and would we have to prove financial support?

We have bank statements of cash withdrawals from our bank accounts into theirs, cell phone bills in all our names that I pay, car insurance in all our names which my wife pays and all our names on the lease of the apartment.
Advance thanks for reading and possibly answering this for me
Your in-laws could join you in the RoI as your wife's dependent parents. Whether it's a good idea to take your in-laws away from their home country, particularly when the immigration route they are relying on may disappear with Brexit, is up to you.

Does your wife, or either of her parents, have any recent British, Irish or other European ancestry of their own? Parents or grandparents?
Old Sep 5th 2018, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

spidergirl6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi dave loves dee , how do i go about getting a family permit for uk? we have eu residance card for malta .i just dont know where to go for the family permit please can you help me thanks.
Old Sep 5th 2018, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

rickster000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spidergirl6
Hi dave loves dee , how do i go about getting a family permit for uk? we have eu residance card for malta .i just dont know where to go for the family permit please can you help me thanks.
https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/surinder-singh

follow the links on the info page above and it leads you to the visa application/registration page below ...

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/account/register
Old Sep 6th 2018, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

Hi we have lived in malta for over 1 year can we go with just the eu family card .then do the uk residance card when we are there.
Old Sep 7th 2018, 2:10 am
Just Joined

Charmerkd is an unknown quantity at this point

ARE YOU OR YOUR SPOUSE BRITISH? I HAVE ENTERED UK WITH MY WIFE ONLY HER SPANISH RESIDENT CARD OF EU FAMILY MEMBERS. WE CAME THROUGH JUST FINE, WE HAVE TWO OF OUR BRITISH CHILDREN WITH US TOO THOU. HOPE THIS HELPS
Old Sep 7th 2018, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Hi charmerKd, yes am the British one .Did you go to uk just for a holiday ?or was it to move back permanently, if so how did it go what do you have to do once you get there.i was just wondering in you could help.
Old Sep 25th 2018, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

saam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Charmerkd
ARE YOU OR YOUR SPOUSE BRITISH? I HAVE ENTERED UK WITH MY WIFE ONLY HER SPANISH RESIDENT CARD OF EU FAMILY MEMBERS. WE CAME THROUGH JUST FINE, WE HAVE TWO OF OUR BRITISH CHILDREN WITH US TOO THOU. HOPE THIS HELPS
Hi,

Can someone explain about this? Say for example if i am a Spanish national spouse or dependent with SPANISH RESIDENT CARD travel to UK.

Thanks
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Splitprism is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

We recently received my wife's refusal of leave to remain letter, so will be leaving after the appeal fails. I came across the SS route and although we are not thinking of using this route to get her back into the country, we will follow our original route which is spouse visa, I'm wondering about the timing of possible closure of the Surinder Singh route.

Brexit is happening end of March 2019, and I would expect the route to be firmly shut at that date, but is there any possibility that any transition period will allow the route to remain open.

Our application failed on my wife's lack of an English qualification, when we eventually leave, we will go to Portugal where we will both study languages, she speaks Portuguese (Brazilain National) and needs to speak better English, she will study for the IELTS test over there, I need to improve Portuguese, so will do the same, we expect the next application to be fine but whilst we are in Portugal it might make sense to follow the rules of SS and get whatever EE family card is required, indeed it may be a requirement of our stay there, we expect to be there somewhere between 6 months and a year before applying for a spouse visa.

With that in mind, is it possible that the SS route might get an extension through any transition period.

Thanks
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Splitprism
Hello

We recently received my wife's refusal of leave to remain letter, so will be leaving after the appeal fails. I came across the SS route and although we are not thinking of using this route to get her back into the country, we will follow our original route which is spouse visa, I'm wondering about the timing of possible closure of the Surinder Singh route.

Brexit is happening end of March 2019, and I would expect the route to be firmly shut at that date, but is there any possibility that any transition period will allow the route to remain open.

Our application failed on my wife's lack of an English qualification, when we eventually leave, we will go to Portugal where we will both study languages, she speaks Portuguese (Brazilain National) and needs to speak better English, she will study for the IELTS test over there, I need to improve Portuguese, so will do the same, we expect the next application to be fine but whilst we are in Portugal it might make sense to follow the rules of SS and get whatever EE family card is required, indeed it may be a requirement of our stay there, we expect to be there somewhere between 6 months and a year before applying for a spouse visa.

With that in mind, is it possible that the SS route might get an extension through any transition period.

Thanks
If the transition period goes ahead as currently agreed then, yes, the SS route will continue. If memory serves me correctly your wife applied for a Marriage Visitor, not a fiancée visa, which is why her application for FLR was correctly refused. She only needs IELTS A1 for the initial spouse visa. Rather than pursuing a route that may or may not exist in six months time, why not return to Brazil, have your wife take her IELTS exam and apply for a spouse visa?
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

Splitprism is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If the transition period goes ahead as currently agreed then, yes, the SS route will continue. If memory serves me correctly your wife applied for a Marriage Visitor, not a fiancée visa, which is why her application for FLR was correctly refused. She only needs IELTS A1 for the initial spouse visa. Rather than pursuing a route that may or may not exist in six months time, why not return to Brazil, have your wife take her IELTS exam and apply for a spouse visa?
You may be correct on the visa application, they have her passport so I can't check at the moment, I checked the initial application, which details the outline, it specifically states that she was coming to the UK to be married but I'm fairly sure I did the application as a fiancee, we had to provide all documentation regarding the date of the Marriage, (Is there a difference between a marraige visitor visa and a fiancee visa?) the location and the booking details as well as the receipts for the payments, but regardless, as you correctly pointed out, the application failed on her English ability as well as the incorrect visa, the appeal is in and it's providing us with time to get her to a sufficient level of English to get through the IELTS.

We don't want to ever go back to Brazil, it's too dangerous at the moment, they are suffering huge levels of crime, the corruption is horrendous, we would have to live in a gated community, heavily secured with armed guards to live a half normal life, within a month of returning, I specifically would be targeted as someone of means, a very probable victim of car hijacking minimum, and would need to obtain a firearm for our protection. Brazil is going through a period of huge economic failure, it won't be long before civil unrest engulfs certain parts of the country, we have no desire or need to become victims of that.

We don't mind going to Portugal and enjoying the country for however long it takes, I thought that as soon as she has the IELTS cert, we can apply from Portugal, we don't need her to be in Brazil, just outside the UK, and as I referred to earlier, was long as she gets the IELTS, there should be no more obstacles as long as we apply for the correct visa.

What is annoying, without going into a long rant about the unfairness of the British Immigration system is, that at 65, the Language problem ceases to be a problem under current rules, we are both almost 60, so a little discretion would have been welcome, not to mention the fact that I have less rights in my own country than an EU citizen in similar circumstances who doesn't need to jump through hoops to get into my country or me to get into his, I need to prove more to my government than he does to my government (did I mention not going into a long rant )

Digressing, so, the conclusion is, the SS route may continue through any transition period, but as we will fulfil the Spouse visa option within a year, we will follow the rules and shell out more money than we need to if we had taken the perfectly legal SS route,

I don't want to go through the SS route due to the fact that we have a refusal and of course, it's going to look as if we had used the route to circumnavigate the expensive route, Which in effect could have been true, but only for the reason it's so difficult to actually get through the quagmire of rules to do the right thing.

I'm starting to wish for a Corbyn government

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.