My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Old Apr 12th 2018, 8:01 am
Just Joined

ANDREW NIX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

hello I am a BC working in Romania for 6 months . My Non EU wife and step daugher from Pakistan have been living together here for 4 months. We are waiting for their residency card arriving in may or even sooner. we have solid evidence of living together here and before.
1)How soon can i apply for EEA FP under Surrinder Singh ruling ?
2)Do we have to pay for the application ?
3)Provided we are successfull and move to the UK do I have to work in the Uk while my Family apply and wait for EEA2 or can I continue to work overseas to provide for the family.
Old Apr 13th 2018, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

saam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ANDREW NIX
hello I am a BC working in Romania for 6 months . My Non EU wife and step daugher from Pakistan have been living together here for 4 months. We are waiting for their residency card arriving in may or even sooner. we have solid evidence of living together here and before.
3)Provided we are successfull and move to the UK do I have to work in the Uk while my Family apply and wait for EEA2 or can I continue to work overseas to provide for the family.
Hi Andrew

Would it be possible you to tell me how did you applied visa for your wife and daughter from Pakistan?

What documents did you sent to them? did they applied for schengen visa ?

Thanks
Old Apr 13th 2018, 11:36 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ANDREW NIX
1) There is no hard and fast rule. As a rule of thumb you should be living in the EU country in question for at least six months. I would wait at least until your wife and step-daughter have received their residence cards.

2) No, an EEA Family Permit application is free.

3) An EEA Family Permit is for family members to accompany or join their sponsor in the UK. Your family cannot live in the UK if you are living abroad.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
That is the theory. Whether it would work in practice remains to be seen. I would urge caution as there's no guarantee it will work.

Once you have moved to Germany and found work your mother should apply for a Schengen visa to join you. She will then need to be registered with the German authorities within three months.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizen...y/index_en.htm

In order for your application for an EEA Family Permit to be successful you will need to demonstrate that you have 'moved the centre of your life' to Germany. Failure to do so will result in a refusal. This usually means 6-12 months of living and working in Germany and showing how you have integrated.

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/surinder-singh

Providing the permit is granted your mother can then travel back to the UK with you and apply for her EEA residence card. This is normally valid for five years but will become invalidated once Brexit has taken place. In theory your mother will then be granted the new 'settled' status but it's unclear at the moment.
Dear BritInParis

Many thanks for your help. I am planning to go Ireland and applied few jobs as well. Hopefully i will be moving next month.

If i go to my mothers home country and bring my mother to ireland without visa ? She will be traveling with and dependent as well.

Or do i need to apply schengen visa.

i am planing to stay more than 6 months in a EU country any way but would you suggest which country issue RC quicker and less hassle?

Thanks
Old Apr 20th 2018, 11:29 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saam
Dear BritInParis

Many thanks for your help. I am planning to go Ireland and applied few jobs as well. Hopefully i will be moving next month.

If i go to my mothers home country and bring my mother to ireland without visa ? She will be traveling with and dependent as well.

Or do i need to apply schengen visa.

i am planing to stay more than 6 months in a EU country any way but would you suggest which country issue RC quicker and less hassle?

Thanks
She’ll need a visa to travel to Ireland. All residence cards must be issued within six months under EU law. Finding work should dictate which country you choose - Ireland is an Anglophone country so I would suggest that would be a good place to start.
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

She’ll need a visa to travel to Ireland. All residence cards must be issued within six months under EU law. Finding work should dictate which country you choose - Ireland is an Anglophone country so I would suggest that would be a good place to start.
A single journey short-stay C visa which will permit to enter and reside in the State for up to 3 months?
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 11:33 am

A single journey short-stay C visa which will permit to enter and reside in the State for up to 3 months?
Indeed.
Old Apr 24th 2018, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Indeed.
What if i get schengen visa for my mother and travel to i.e Germany and from there can i go to Ireland ?

Do i still need Ireland visa for my mother ?

Many thanks
Old Apr 24th 2018, 2:05 pm

What if i get schengen visa for my mother and travel to i.e Germany and from there can i go to Ireland ?

Do i still need Ireland visa for my mother ?

Many thanks
Ireland is not part of the Schengen Area so a Schengen visa would not valid for travel to Ireland.
Old Apr 26th 2018, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Ireland is not part of the Schengen Area so a Schengen visa would not valid for travel to Ireland.
But can they not stamp on arrival at the airport as i m traveling with her?
Old Apr 26th 2018, 12:02 pm

But can they not stamp on arrival at the airport as i m traveling with her?
The airline won't let her board the flight in Germany without a valid visa.
Old May 8th 2018, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Dear all

Has anyone using Cyprus or Greece route?

Many thanks
Old May 8th 2018, 10:29 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Dear all

Has anyone using Cyprus or Greece route?

Many thanks
Don't forget the SS route is almost certain to close once Brexit happens, the UK only accepted the SS route as a result of a ruling by the European court.
Old May 8th 2018, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Don't forget the SS route is almost certain to close once Brexit happens, the UK only accepted the SS route as a result of a ruling by the European court.
I know, i don't have enough time and still wasting time. I should done it long time ago. I am going to try anyway.. and hope i will get RC in 6 months and move back to UK. Not going to apply EEA UK family permit from host country. Can you advice???
Old May 8th 2018, 1:36 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

I know, i don't have enough time and still wasting time. I should done it long time ago. I am going to try anyway.. and hope i will get RC in 6 months and move back to UK. Not going to apply EEA UK family permit from host country. Can you advice???
There are probably Facebook groups covering the SS route in those countries, or try the expat Facebook groups or the BE forums for those countries.

And an EEA Family Permit helps prove your partner/spouse's continued rights for up to 6 months once you're back in the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.