My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Old Sep 30th 2013, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Originally Posted by AngelaV
Haha ... We are doing well. We reached the 3 month, 1 day mark yesterday (the earliest point where we can move back to the UK) and should get our stamp 4 next week so it's all happening.

One glitch though ....... we've fallen in love with Ireland!

We're setting up our business which should be going live this week so fingers crossed. Our savings have now depleted so need to start bringing in an income

It's actually very easy to set up a business in Ireland and the banks are very supportive.
Congratulations. Very glad everything is going so well for you!! I'll PM you. Cheers, M
Old Sep 30th 2013, 5:27 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Haha ... We are doing well. We reached the 3 month, 1 day mark yesterday (the earliest point where we can move back to the UK) and should get our stamp 4 next week so it's all happening.

We're setting up our business which should be going live this week so fingers crossed. Our savings have now depleted so need to start bringing in an income

It's actually very easy to set up a business in Ireland and the banks are very supportive.
Congrats.

We're not going until early next year but have considered that we may want to stay in Ireland.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 5:27 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats.

We're not going until early next year but have considered that we may want to stay in Ireland.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

AngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really nice

I read your story Dave, you certainly have been put through the mill. It will be nice to see you over here.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 5:42 pm
Account Closed

I read your story Dave, you certainly have been put through the mill. It will be nice to see you over here.
Thanks. It'd be great to meet up sometime.

Dee and I are both being recorded by BBC Radio Wales producers on Wednesday, for a program on immigration to be broadcast around the end of the month. They're sympathetic to our plight.

Last edited by DaveLovesDee; Sep 30th 2013 at 6:24 pm. Reason: Forgot that today was Monday!
Old Sep 30th 2013, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee

Dee and I are both being recorded by BBC Radio Wales producers tomorrow., for a program on immigration to be broadcast around the end of the month. They're sypathetic to our plight.
Wow good luck with the interview and broadcast. There are many of us that will be there with you in spirit, I'm sure.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

AngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really nice

We'll probably still be here Dave. We want the company to be generating an income for at least 3 months before we even think of applying.

Let us know when your interview is broadcasting.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on meeting the 3 month mark! I laughed when I read that you have fallen in love with Ireland. It's the best of all worlds, isn't it? If you stay or go, no matter, you are still happy
Old Sep 30th 2013, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Dee and I are both being recorded by BBC Radio Wales producers on Wednesday, for a program on immigration to be broadcast around the end of the month. They're sympathetic to our plight.
Good news Dave. Could you post a link when it happens if there is one?
Old Sep 30th 2013, 7:20 pm
Account Closed

We'll probably still be here Dave. We want the company to be generating an income for at least 3 months before we even think of applying.

Let us know when your interview is broadcasting.

It's either going to be the 27th October or the 3rd November.

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Good news Dave. Could you post a link when it happens if there is one?
Will do!
Old Sep 30th 2013, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Congrats on meeting the 3 month mark! I laughed when I read that you have fallen in love with Ireland. It's the best of all worlds, isn't it? If you stay or go, no matter, you are still happy
Can you believe it? It seems like yesterday we were mailing in panic about visas into Ireland.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 8:06 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations - my how time flys

absolutely, now there is no rush to move to move to the UK or is there?

One day at a time

Good luck to you
Old Sep 30th 2013, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Congrats.

Having followed your story here and on the fb spouse page, I am intrigued by this. Is it because you are disillusioned with the UK now?
Old Sep 30th 2013, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Can you believe it? It seems like yesterday we were mailing in panic about visas into Ireland.
Yes, and I remember that awful exit from SA also. Onward and upward from now on
Old Sep 30th 2013, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Not at all. I'm sure I will feel the same about the UK when I get there but after living in SA for so long, I wasn't aware just how much freedom we had to give up. Until we moved here, my kids had never played outside as it was just too unsafe.

There is also a huge Down syndrome community here who have welcomed us with open arms.

All this and it is truly beautiful here, each town is quite small so there is a huge feeling of community. I could go on and on about the wonders of Ireland.

We will go to the UK though as one of the main reasons is to look after my mum who is disabled but we are just going to enjoy our time here until we have to leave.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.