My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Old Feb 5th 2016, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

I assume you lot are keeping up with the changes Cameron was offered from the EU to control immigrants using EU laws to get to the UK? Some affect the Singh route to the UK, and those trying to use it to bypass UK visa requirements. I have mentioned it already.

It seems the EU have also accepted the UK using Centre of Life.

The non-Brits who have committed a crime and try to use EU laws to live in the UK when the UK doesn't want them, are also mentioned in the EU offerings to the UK.

Last edited by formula; Feb 5th 2016 at 12:46 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2016, 1:21 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by formula
I assume you lot are keeping up with the changes Cameron was offered from the EU to control immigrants using EU laws to get to the UK?

Some affect the Singh route to the UK, and those trying to use it to bypass UK visa requirements. I have mentioned it already.

It seems the EU have also accepted the UK using Centre of Life.

The non-Brits who have committed a crime and try to use EU laws to live in the UK when the UK doesn't want them, are also mentioned in the EU offerings to the UK.
for the points highlighted in red above, what are they?

Can you provide a link with the specific quote from the source & have they been put into law yet?
Old Feb 5th 2016, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

J and T is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by not2old

Can you provide a link with the specific quote from the source & have they been put into law yet?
http://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/european-council/president/pdf/free-movement_pdf/
Read it from here
Old Feb 5th 2016, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J and T
http://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/european-council/president/pdf/free-movement_pdf/
Read it from here
You beat me to looking up the link. Working link where you can download as a pdf
http://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/pr...settlement-uk/

Stopping Non-EU citizens from using free movement.

"The Commission intends to adopt a proposal to complement Directive 2004/38 on free movement of Union citizens in order to exclude, from the scope of free movement rights, third country nationals who had no prior lawful residence in a Member State before marrying a Union citizen or who marry a Union citizen only after the Union citizen has established residence in the host Member State. Accordingly, in such cases, the host Member State's immigration law will apply to the third country national."

Abuse of free movement to avoid their own EEA countries laws. It reads like they might approve any further changes to Centre of Life too?

"Member States can address specific cases of abuse of free movement rights by Union citizens returning to their Member State of nationality with a non-EU family member where residence in the host Member State has not been sufficiently genuine to create or strengthen family life and had the purpose of evading the application of national immigration rules"

Sham marriages and deportation of those with criminal records (EU citizens and non-EU citizens) in there too, according to other immigration forums. Interesting that the UK is just putting through "working illegallly" in the UK as a crime; and they added "immigration crimes" to a fail of the Good Character rules too.

Last edited by formula; Feb 5th 2016 at 2:55 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2016, 2:36 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Read it from here
thanks & after reading it, I do not see it being any more stringent than what is already in place that applies to the UK rules right of entry for the surinder singh folks.

Could it be the rest of the EU is getting tougher or as tough as what the UK presently has in place?

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/surinder-singh

page 5 in the follow link

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...mbers_v3_0.pdf

Till now the UK does not follow the EU rules for freedom of movement specific to residence card holders, only those that are self-employed or workers & not those are self sufficient who get host country residence cards.

OK, so the new offer deal that Cameron thinks he asked for & got, will it make any difference to the surinder singh route?
Old Feb 5th 2016, 2:43 pm
Dichotomus tinker

to add to post #845, the following is already in place as set by the UK

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...er-singh-cases

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...residence-card
Old Feb 5th 2016, 2:48 pm
Dichotomus tinker

Together with the current UK rules on the eligibility to get a UK residence card

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-re...rd/eligibility
Old Feb 5th 2016, 4:49 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

I assume you lot are keeping up with the changes Cameron was offered asked for from the EU to control immigrants using EU laws to get to the UK? Some affect the Singh route to the UK, and those trying to use it to bypass UK visa requirements be together with their non-EU spouses. I have mentioned it already.

It seems the EU also accepted the UK using Centre of Life.

These are draft proposals. Nothing is finalised yet, and won't be for a good few months.

The earliest the EU referendum can be held is apparently June 23rd, and any agreement Cameron negotiates from the EU couldn't be ratified until after the member states have agreed them and after a yes vote in the referendum.

A no vote means leaving the EU after 20-24 months.
Old Feb 5th 2016, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
These are draft proposals. Nothing is finalised yet, and won't be for a good few months.

The earliest the EU referendum can be held is apparently June 23rd, and any agreement Cameron negotiates from the EU couldn't be ratified until after the member states have agreed them and after a yes vote in the referendum.
Where does it say that these would only be implemented after a Yes vote? I can't find that
Old Feb 5th 2016, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

J and T is an unknown quantity at this point

Where does it say that these would only be implemented after a Yes vote? I can't find that
If uk will not be in the eu , no member State will be Bothered to listen to them
Old Feb 5th 2016, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

If uk will not be in the eu , no member State will be Bothered to listen to them
Well in that case they won't need to have changes to "third country nationals" using the EU rules to get to the UK

I was wondering where Dave saw the 'new rules only after a yes vote' written. On the EEA forums, they seem to think any new rules could start in April.

Last edited by formula; Feb 5th 2016 at 8:18 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2016, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Well in that case they won't need to have changes to "third country nationals" using the EU rules to get to the UK

I was wondering where Dave saw the 'new rules only after a yes vote' written. On the EEA forums, they seem to think any new rules could start in April.
Bear with me, it's a bit complicated to get to.

On this page, Tusk Proposal

Under Elements of the proposal
Draft decision of the Heads of State or Government, meeting within the European Council, concerning a new settlement for the United Kingdom within the European Union is the first pdf.

At the bottom at page 16, it states;

SECTION E
APPLICATION AND FINAL PROVISIONS
1. Any Member State may ask the President of the European Council that an issue related to the application of this Decision be discussed in the European Council.
2. This Decision shall take effect on the same date as the Government of the United Kingdom informs the Secretary-General of the Council that the United Kingdom has decided to remain a member of the European Union.
Old Feb 7th 2016, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

LINANA is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, i am british citizen and was with My husband in the Journey. He is indian and was removed by the uk before.No we did Nt get eea family permit, he has german residence card issued due to i am working in germany.
Did u show them(the border control ) ur residence address in germany ?ur work contract in germany ?
Old Feb 7th 2016, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LINANA
Did u show them(the border control ) ur residence address in germany ?ur work contract in germany ?
Do u guys speak german ?(just to prove that the center of ur life have shifted to germany )
Old Feb 7th 2016, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

In all of 10 seconds....

'EEA family permit cover letter' can be found on a google search. There are also ones posted on youtube
I heard There is no checkpoint between dublin and NI, I wanna try when I get my IRISH RC, have u got the irish RC ?i submitted back in Nov ,2015,still at least one more month forna response from irish gov ..IOI,,,my husband just drove to uk from dublin last month , took the ferry to wales first , no checkpoint either ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.