My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Old Jan 28th 2016, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

LINANA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
You can only apply for a UK RC from inside the UK.
Thx so much
Old Jan 29th 2016, 8:20 am
Just Joined

Campnou is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by not2old
Simple answer is yes.

see category (d) in the following link

https://eumovement.wordpress.com/200...family-member/

and in this

EUR-Lex - l33152 - EN - EUR-Lex

As the sponsor, you will need to move your centre of life from the UK to the EU country. You will need to live & work in that country for approx 6 months then have your parent apply for the EEA family permit

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/surinder-singh

Your Mother or your wife's mother will need an entry visa to one of the EU countries that you are intending to do the SS route

Thanks a lot not2old...

If it is Italy, then do they expect me/parent to speak Italian in order to prove 'center of life' requirement? thanks
Old Jan 29th 2016, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Campnou
Thanks a lot not2old...

If it is Italy, then do they expect me/parent to speak Italian in order to prove 'center of life' requirement? thanks
doin Ss route has to appy for family permit ?we can enter uk with as article 10 RC holder ,then apply dor uk rc , I am waitin for my irish rc (article 10,then enter uk for uk rc ,
Old Jan 29th 2016, 11:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LINANA
doin Ss route has to appy for family permit ?we can enter uk with as article 10 RC holder ,then apply dor uk rc , I am waitin for my irish rc (article 10,then enter uk for uk rc ,
Sorry I am bit confused now...
I need to bring my Mother from SL. If I go to Italy where I have friends, I can find a job & accommodation etc. In this case, my mother too needs to work in Italy to obtain the RC?
When returning to UK, do we need to prove that we speak Italian as a proof of 'Center of life' ??

Thanks
Old Jan 29th 2016, 12:15 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

The requirement under SS is that the sponsor needs to work minimum 12 hours/wk, not the non-EU person.

Doing the SS keep all receipts from wages, rent, utilities etc, this goes towards the proof if applying for the 'family permit' or as evidence going the article 10 route residence card when you get to the UK when applying for the UK residence card that time was spent in another EU country

You can move to any EU country & no, there is no requirement to speak the language of that country, it being Italian, French, Spanish, German or whatever

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...residence-card

Last edited by not2old; Jan 29th 2016 at 12:18 pm. Reason: added link
Old Jan 29th 2016, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

The requirement under SS is that the sponsor needs to work minimum 12 hours/wk, not the non-EU person.

Doing the SS keep all receipts from wages, rent, utilities etc, this goes towards the proof if applying for the 'family permit' or as evidence going the article 10 route residence card when you get to the UK when applying for the UK residence card that time was spent in another EU country

You can move to any EU country & no, there is no requirement to speak the language of that country, it being Italian, French, Spanish, German or whatever

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...residence-card

From the uk site ,"
proof of their integration in the EEA country where they lived, eg whether they speak the language, have any children born there, have any children living with them or were involved with the local community"
Their ultimate goal is UK RC ,speakin the local language in where they exercise the treaty right is very important,no language requirements for just Italian RC for them .they need to prove they have moved their center of life to the EU country where they exercise their treaty right .
Old Jan 29th 2016, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

From the uk site ,"
proof of their integration in the EEA country where they lived, eg whether they speak the language, have any children born there, have any children living with them or were involved with the local community"
Their ultimate goal is UK RC ,speakin the local language in where they exercise the treaty right is very important,no language requirements for just Italian RC for them .they need to prove they have moved their center of life to the EU country where they exercise their treaty right .
Yes ,the mom can enter UK with the Italian RC,but in order to reside in uk , they need to apply for uk RC ,in oreder to do that, the most important is to prove they move their center of life in ltaly ,based on the SS route
Old Jan 29th 2016, 12:54 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

agree with post 816 & 817, also mentioned & fully covered in my post #806
Old Jan 29th 2016, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

agree with post 816 & 817, also mentioned & fully covered in my post #806
I am waitin for my irish RC under article 10 ,should get it before april.me and my husband have lived in ireland since oct 1st , I am thinkin to apply for UK RC directly after I got my irish RC and enter uk , without applyin for the uk family permit .what u think ,thx
Old Jan 29th 2016, 1:18 pm
Dichotomus tinker

I am waitin for my irish RC under article 10 ,should get it before april.me and my husband have lived in ireland since oct 1st , I am thinkin to apply for UK RC directly after I got my irish RC and enter uk , without applyin for the uk family permit .what u think ,thx
yes, its doable

In the past 12 months (google search) you will see UK RC have been issued to EU RC holders without the need of the family permit

On the UK RC application form & instructions, AFAIK the UK RC are being issued to just EU RC card holders without them having a family permit

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...er-form-eea-fm

Old Jan 29th 2016, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

Yes ,the mom can enter UK with the Italian RC,but in order to reside in uk , they need to apply for uk RC ,in oreder to do that, the most important is to prove they move their center of life in ltaly ,based on the SS route
Many thanks LINANA & not2old...

That means, Italian language capability is a must in order to make a successful UK RC application? sorry to be a pain again
Old Jan 29th 2016, 1:45 pm
Dichotomus tinker

Originally Posted by Campnou
Many thanks LINANA & not2old...

That means, Italian language capability is a must in order to make a successful UK RC application? sorry to be a pain again
No you DO NOT need to speak the language of the said EU country that you are doing the SS route.

The important factor is 'centre of life' has moved from the UK to the other country.

Integration simply means you live, work & play in the host EU country as you would do as if you were in the UK... example, work, accommodations, pay for utilities, have a phone, a library card, a store loyalty card, perhaps take some language lessons in that country.

To enter Italy, your mother will need to get one of the following before leaving SL

http://www.italy-vfs.com/general_information.html

http://www.italy-vfs.com/how_to_apply.html

http://www.vfs-italy.co.in/kolkata/tourist.html

Last edited by not2old; Jan 29th 2016 at 2:04 pm. Reason: links added
Old Jan 29th 2016, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

No you DO NOT need to speak the language of the said EU country that you are doing the SS route.

The important factor is 'centre of life' has moved from the UK to the other country.

Integration simply means you live, work & play in the host EU country as you would do as if you were in the UK... example, work, accommodations, pay for utilities, have a phone, a library card, a store loyalty card, perhaps take some language lessons in that country.

To enter Italy, your mother will need to get one of the following before leaving SL

Italy Visa Information - Sri Lanka - General Information

Italy Visa Information - Sri Lanka - How To Apply

Italy Visa Information - East India - All About Visas - Short Term Visas- Schengen "C'" Type - Tourist
Excellent not2old... fully cleared. thanks a lot again.
Now I need to check if any difficulty could be caused when my mum apply for Italian visit visa given that her passport is stamped as refused by UK Embassy in SL.
Old Jan 29th 2016, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

Italy Visa Information - East India - All About Visas - Short Term Visas- Schengen "C'" Type - Tourist
Excellent ! all clear now. thanks a lot again not2old.
Now I need to check if any problem could be caused applying Italian tourist visa from SL, because her last 2 visa attempts were rejected by UK embassy & stamped on the passport.
Old Jan 29th 2016, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

Excellent ! all clear now. thanks a lot again not2old.
Now I need to check if any problem could be caused applying Italian tourist visa from SL, because her last 2 visa attempts were rejected by UK embassy & stamped on the passport.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.