My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Old Jan 18th 2016, 5:54 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Originally Posted by J and T
Ok Dave but when is the time to apply family permit ,should we wait for couple of months or not
Both resident for more than 3 months and 1 day - Yes

Article 10 RC received - Yes.

Evidence of at least 10 weeks employment for the EU? - Payslips

If yes to the last question, then apply now. It's free to apply for, and if you're refused, reapply again with additional evidence (which wouldn't be as easy if applying for a UK RC without an FP).
Old Jan 18th 2016, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

J and T is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
Both resident for more than 3 months and 1 day - Yes

Article 10 RC received - Yes.

Evidence of at least 10 weeks employment for the EU? - Payslips

If yes to the last question, then apply now. It's free to apply for, and if you're refused, reapply again with additional evidence (which wouldn't be as easy if applying for a UK RC without an FP).
I have been working since October 1 and both are resident here , we will fill form and give it a try, thanks for getting in touch
Old Jan 19th 2016, 10:53 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

I have been working since October 1 and both are resident here , we will fill form and give it a try, thanks for getting in touch
As long as you have enough payslips covering the 10 weeks, you should be fine.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

LadyRhubarb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, my husband and I were planning on applying for a spousal visa but we may not be able to fulfil the financial requirements as he's self-employed and only been back to the UK for four months. He's meeting with a lawyer tomorrow but I want to examine all our possibilities. I've checked some of the links and I wouldn't require a visa to enter Ireland, I'm in Mexico but I don't know if my husband has to come back and then we would fly together. Would I need to contact the Irish embassy beforehand or is it a case of showing up together? It's been so hard being apart that the idea of going through the process together is very attractive. I have to read a lot more but I'm curious about that bit.
Thank you for giving me some hope, it does feel like I'm being punished for not being born in the EU.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

LINANA is an unknown quantity at this point

Where u from?do u need visa to enter ireland ?,i am from china , and applied for the eu family visa (join family ),i entered alone ,if u apply for the (accompany visa ),u need to enter with ur husband .and very slow here.. I submitted my application for irish RC . in The end of Nov, the immigration office still processing applications from Oct....IoI ,still waitting ,
Originally Posted by LadyRhubarb
Hi, my husband and I were planning on applying for a spousal visa but we may not be able to fulfil the financial requirements as he's self-employed and only been back to the UK for four months. He's meeting with a lawyer tomorrow but I want to examine all our possibilities. I've checked some of the links and I wouldn't require a visa to enter Ireland, I'm in Mexico but I don't know if my husband has to come back and then we would fly together. Would I need to contact the Irish embassy beforehand or is it a case of showing up together? It's been so hard being apart that the idea of going through the process together is very attractive. I have to read a lot more but I'm curious about that bit.
Thank you for giving me some hope, it does feel like I'm being punished for not being born in the EU.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

R u gpin tp apply in uk or germany ?seems it is required to gibe biometric info for application of uk RC.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 2:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by LadyRhubarb
Hi, my husband and I were planning on applying for a spousal visa but we may not be able to fulfil the financial requirements as he's self-employed and only been back to the UK for four months. He's meeting with a lawyer tomorrow but I want to examine all our possibilities.

I've checked some of the links and I wouldn't require a visa to enter Ireland, I'm in Mexico but I don't know if my husband has to come back and then we would fly together.

As a non-visa national, you don't NEED a visa to enter Ireland as a visitor. However, Ireland still requires spouses and family members of EEA nationals who are moving to Ireland under EU rules to apply for one. But you can arrive without one.

Your husband doesn't have to travel with you but he will need to have cleared immigration before your flight lands (preferably before it takes off in case check-in are being difficult). You'll need your marriage certificate and a copy of his passport details page.

Would I need to contact the Irish embassy beforehand or is it a case of showing up together? It's been so hard being apart that the idea of going through the process together is very attractive. I have to read a lot more but I'm curious about that bit.

It's because the UK can't do anything about EU migration that they make it harder for non-EU spouses.
Originally Posted by LINANA
Where u from?do u need visa to enter ireland ?,i am from china , and applied for the eu family visa (join family ),i entered alone ,if u apply for the (accompany visa ),u need to enter with ur husband .and very slow here.. I submitted my application for irish RC . in The end of Nov, the immigration office still processing applications from Oct....IoI ,still waitting ,
Ireland Treaty Rights
Old Jan 27th 2016, 2:20 pm
Account Closed

R u gpin tp apply in uk or germany ?seems it is required to gibe biometric info for application of uk RC.
As the other lady is asking about Ireland, a Schengen visa from Germany wouldn't be valid as Ireland is not part of the Schengen Agreement.

And yes, everyone has to do biometrics for UK RC applications now. It's just a quick scan of fingerprints and a pic taken by digital camera.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

I'm Mexican and I don't need a visa to enter. My husband is already in England so itd be easier for him to move from England to Ireland rather than coming back here. I'm sorry your application is taking so long, waiting is not fun.

DavelovesDee, thank you so much for your reply. I'm gonna read more about this option. The idea of living in a place that is totally new to both of us actually sounds exciting.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

Campnou is an unknown quantity at this point

I am very new to this forum...apologies for high jacking this topic to ask few questions..
I am a British citizen born in Sri Lanka (SL). I live in UK with my wife & 2 children.
My mum still live in SL & 66 years old now. Never been to UK due to my foolish approach I took around 5 years ago by applying her a dependent PR visa when I was a PR holder in UK. That visa was rejected & subsequent Family visitor visa too rejected.
I am the only child so no one SL to look after her.
My question is can I use SS route to bring my mum here in UK?
If I visit another EU country for temporary work, then do I need my family to be company with me in order to fulfil SS route requirements?
Can my wife do this SS route & bring my mum here in UK ?
Can my mum visit to an EU country on visitor visa & apply for Residence permit without any issue?

Thanks in advance...
Old Jan 28th 2016, 6:16 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Campnou

My question is can I use SS route to bring my mum here in UK?

If I visit another EU country for temporary work, then do I need my family to be company with me in order to fulfil SS route requirements?

Can my wife do this SS route & bring my mum here in UK ?

Can my mum visit to an EU country on visitor visa & apply for Residence permit without any issue?

Simple answer is yes.

see category (d) in the following link

https://eumovement.wordpress.com/200...family-member/

and in this

EUR-Lex - l33152 - EN - EUR-Lex

As the sponsor, you will need to move your centre of life from the UK to the EU country. You will need to live & work in that country for approx 6 months then have your parent apply for the EEA family permit

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/surinder-singh

Your Mother or your wife's mother will need an entry visa to one of the EU countries that you are intending to do the SS route

Last edited by not2old; Jan 28th 2016 at 6:48 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 6:54 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

to add to post #802 & #803

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...residence-card
Old Jan 28th 2016, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
As the other lady is asking about Ireland, a Schengen visa from Germany wouldn't be valid as Ireland is not part of the Schengen Agreement.

And yes, everyone has to do biometrics for UK RC applications now. It's just a quick scan of fingerprints and a pic taken by digital camera.
No ,i mean the couple(the husband) got the german RC .doing the article 10RC holder, I am doin this in ireland, after I fot my irish EC under article 10,(my husband ia exercising hia treaty rifht in ireland),thought maybe I could apply for UK RC under ss route in ireland, but considerin I can only take my biometric info in uk, so I decide to enter uk after I get my irish RC first .
Old Jan 28th 2016, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

No ,i mean the couple(the husband) got the german RC .doing the article 10RC holder, I am doin this in ireland, after I fot my irish EC under article 10,(my husband ia exercising hia treaty rifht in ireland),thought maybe I could apply for UK RC under ss route in ireland, but considerin I can only take my biometric info in uk, so I decide to enter uk after I get my irish RC first .
You can only apply for a UK RC from inside the UK.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by not2old
Thanks for the link! I have a lot of reading to do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.