My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Old Nov 12th 2016, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

baig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Where from you going to use(which country)?
Old Nov 12th 2016, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

MelodyGribben is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by baig
Where from you going to use(which country)?
We live in Norway
Old Nov 12th 2016, 10:45 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MelodyGribben
Hi, I wonder how do I start applying for an EEA family permit, it says in the website that I need to apply online but I cant seem to find where I can only find the form to fill out. I hope somebody can help me as I am completely clueless on where and how to start this surinder singh thing..
You need to apply online at https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk and select Other->EEA/Swiss Family Member->Family Member of an EEA National.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Ellie95 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all. There is so much information on this thread and I would like to say thank you to all contributors.

I need some help. So we are travelling to the UK soon for christmas and our son's christening. I am a British citizen who was been working here in Spain as a self employed autonomo since the beginning of the year and my husband who does not hold an EU passport has an article 10 residency card issued by Extranjeria. I know that you can travel to the UK or other EU countries with an article 10 card for short term visits.

The problem is, on my husband's card they entered his date of birth wrong. Instead of the 8th of November they entered the 6th, but the year of birth is correct. We applied at Policia Nacional. We pointed it out straight away on collection and they gave us a case reference number and said we can continue using the card until we return and collect a new one after another 45 days (and I assume they will destroy this one). Obviously by the time we get the new card it will be past xmas and our son's christening.

We have all the other documentation we submitted during the application process that showed we entered the date of birth correctly as well. I am just concerned about whether we will have issues once we get to the UK border. Do we tell the border staff straight away when we are requesting clearence- because we obviously have nothing to hide- or do we wait for them to spot the discrepency and then explain the issue with the accompanying documentation?

TIA
Old Nov 14th 2016, 8:27 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ellie95
Hi all. There is so much information on this thread and I would like to say thank you to all contributors.

I need some help. So we are travelling to the UK soon for christmas and our son's christening. I am a British citizen who was been working here in Spain as a self employed autonomo since the beginning of the year and my husband who does not hold an EU passport has an article 10 residency card issued by Extranjeria. I know that you can travel to the UK or other EU countries with an article 10 card for short term visits.

The problem is, on my husband's card they entered his date of birth wrong. Instead of the 8th of November they entered the 6th, but the year of birth is correct. We applied at Policia Nacional. We pointed it out straight away on collection and they gave us a case reference number and said we can continue using the card until we return and collect a new one after another 45 days (and I assume they will destroy this one). Obviously by the time we get the new card it will be past xmas and our son's christening.

We have all the other documentation we submitted during the application process that showed we entered the date of birth correctly as well. I am just concerned about whether we will have issues once we get to the UK border. Do we tell the border staff straight away when we are requesting clearence- because we obviously have nothing to hide- or do we wait for them to spot the discrepency and then explain the issue with the accompanying documentation?

TIA
Show the card and the paperwork. They may check with the Embassy.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks DaveLovesDee. We do have all the paperwork that accompanied the application process and I suppose that means we might be in for a long wait. Also what would you suggest- bring it up to the immigration officer upfront or wait until/if he/she notices it?
Old Nov 14th 2016, 9:17 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks DaveLovesDee. We do have all the paperwork that accompanied the application process and I suppose that means we might be in for a long wait. Also what would you suggest- bring it up to the immigration officer upfront or wait until/if he/she notices it?
Upfront.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

Hi all. Just to give an update we had little issues travelling with the Spanish article 10 RC that had a slightly incorrect D.O.B. Border Official was more concerned with purpose of our visit, Singh evidence and how long we have been living in Spain. We were issued with an EEA dependent ink stamp for 6 months.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 9:52 am
Account Closed

Hi all. Just to give an update we had little issues travelling with the Spanish article 10 RC that had a slightly incorrect D.O.B. Border Official was more concerned with purpose of our visit, Singh evidence and how long we have been living in Spain. We were issued with an EEA dependent ink stamp for 6 months.
Congratulations!
Old Nov 21st 2016, 1:10 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

that simple eh!, just goes to show the UK border folks understand article 10 RC, well at least the one you dealt with.

Thats good news for others with article 10 RC
Old Nov 21st 2016, 1:12 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
Congratulations!
Dave or BIP - can someone like ellie95 partner with an article 10RC + (now in the UK) with the EEA dependant 6 month stamp now apply for & qualify for a UK residence card?

Last edited by not2old; Nov 21st 2016 at 1:59 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 2:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by not2old
Dave or BIP - can someone like ellie95 partner with an article 10RC + (now in the UK) with the EEA dependant 6 month stamp now apply for & qualify for a UK residence card?
Yes. The 6 month EEA stamp is equivalent to a Family Permit.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 5:01 pm
Dichotomus tinker

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
Yes. The 6 month EEA stamp is equivalent to a Family Permit.

thanks for that
Old Nov 26th 2016, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
They will have to see if they qualify for an RC in the UK under the new rules that started yesterday. It applies to all those who haven't had an RC issued before 25 November.

New rules for their Brit sponsor too if they want their family members RC to remain valid so that they can continue to reside in the UK.

Those using Singh, especially those using Singh to avoid UK immigration rules, really need to read these changes. I put them on here on the 8th November in a new thread and on this thread too! They have been discussed at length on other immigration forums. The new rules have now started..
http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...hanges-887169/

Last edited by formula; Nov 26th 2016 at 8:46 am.
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

CJ2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for this information, formula. It seems that it may not be worth going through the effort of applying for the UK RC as the authorities have already pre-determined that the application is not valid using the SS route.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.